I have an icon showing an unread BB message. I go into BBM, and there is nothing unread. I've checked, I have no unread emails or texts, and no missed calls that I have not acknowledged. It's a clear BBM sign. What do I do? I've deleted BBM and re-installed it, I've restarted my BB numerous times, still no solution (and upon restarting, it vibrates to indicate a normal BB message). Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 06:47 PM
    have you checked the messages folder that it might be a pin message?

when you restart did you do a battery pull or just shut if off and on?
    07-26-10 07:56 PM
    Yes by default BBM chats will also show up in the messages folder.

07-26-10 08:59 PM
    Also, have someone send u a new bbm, then check/delete it. I do this when the sms icon locks up.

07-26-10 11:08 PM
    I have the same problem, rebooted twice and nothing. Strange...
    07-26-10 11:39 PM
    new contact?
    07-27-10 02:32 AM
    I reset it again, still to no avail. I don't know what it is. I've sent and received numerous BB messages prior and after this problem started, but still, the BBM icon refuses to go away. I've checked my entire email folder, I've checked my texts, nothing. I've deleted BBM and re installed it. Its becoming funny now. Any other advice? (Thanks for the replies already generated from my post)

07-27-10 03:03 PM
    When you say reset it, are you pulling the battery out? Or just switching it off and back on? This happened to me and I had to do the battery pull 3 times and then it finally went away.
    07-27-10 04:22 PM
    I've done the battery pull once while my BB was on. The other resets were while the BB was off, also pulling out the battery.

07-27-10 07:15 PM
    Post a pic so we can see...

07-27-10 07:17 PM
    I have the same problem. Funny thing is - this is a NEW blackberry and I didn't restore my contact list so I literally have 0 BBM contacts - the only BBM anything I've got is a group and the notifications are different anyway.

I'm reinstalling BBM right now, if that doesn't work I'll post a screenshot of what I'm talking about.
    07-30-10 01:38 PM
    Indicator is still there - FRUSTRATING.

Here's the icon - top left.

No stars in BBM - no contacts in BBM. Just a group (with no new notifications)

I can't figure it out. I marked all read in Messages and it did nothing. I can't even find a BBM message in my Messages. It's just a glitch and it's kind of driving me batty.
    07-30-10 02:10 PM
    I found a solution!!

In BBM --

Menu > Options > Restore

When I did that, it cleared my notifications. So it's worth a shot.
    07-30-10 06:41 PM
    I found a solution!!

In BBM --

Menu > Options > Restore

When I did that, it cleared my notifications. So it's worth a shot.
    i've been facing the same problem for quite a while, and after reading your tips, it really works. thanks a lot!
    08-05-10 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD