I uninstalled BBM, because I don't like it, don't use it and random people add me. Now, I'm getting "Emails" in the Messages folder when someone attempts to add me on BBM. How can I get rid of these new annoyances?
    02-13-11 12:50 AM
    What do you mean E-mails?

You wont get any requests if you un-installed it successfully.
    02-13-11 03:42 PM
    agreed. you should go to options/apllications/core/ and then uninstall BBM and then restart your phone. however, I think someone if they have your pin can request you through a message which is sort of like an email I am not sure if there is a way around that if people have your pin
    02-13-11 06:58 PM
    I did do that and it's uninstalled. But I am getting messages now in the Messages folder saying that so-and-so wants to add me to BMM contacts. It's annoying and defeats the purpose of why I got rid of BBM.
    02-13-11 07:53 PM
    You cannot prevent that. Just delete the messages.
    02-13-11 10:09 PM
    Here's two types of messages I've been getting. I changed my PIN number and the other person's pin number in the message.:

To: *MY PIN NUMBER*

Subject: <$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems> BLACKBERRYMESSENGERINVITESTAGE2
    Sent: Feb 13, 2011 8:30 PM

---------
    << no text >>

-------o-------​
    60:AQEBAAEIBAAC8maiHwAACAEAAwAAAAQAAAUAAAYAAAcEACy tfqtmAAAqAABQ

And the other one:

To: MY PIN NUMBER
    Subject: BlackBerry Messenger Add Request from [an]drew $cott
    Sent: Feb 14, 2011 2:25 AM

---------
    [an]drew $cott would like to add you to his or her BlackBerry Messenger Contact List.

If you don't currently have the required application on your device, please visit www.BlackBerry.com/messenger to learn more about this service.

Once you've installed BlackBerry Messenger, contact the original inviter and request another invitation.

-------o-------

144:AQEBAAEBBAACg6oPIwAACAEAAwAVAAQCysxtaXPhqrPJOy xn+Pt7PLyjmQ0BAAUuAQAGLgEABy4EACytfqtmGgAqW2FuXWRy ZXcgJGNvdHQgICpQUiogPSAoWSkIAAr1d5pJFwAAAAAAUA==
    02-14-11 06:44 AM
    Ok. And ......
    02-14-11 06:58 AM
    And... the first person who replied was unsure of what I was talking about.
    02-14-11 07:12 AM
    Without getting a new phone, you're stuck with than PIN. I don't know of any way to block PIN messages. What did we learn? Don't give out your PIN to just anyone and never post it online where anyone can see it. You will get spammed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD