hi guys i need help with my bbm.

i just bought a new bb 9780 and im trying to restore my bbm. when i attempt to restore with my email......its says email not linked with any bb.......but i know for a fact that i have previously, it should be stored remotely, because this is what i did when i changed from curve to bold 9700.
    i tried everything.......i restored my bb back to factory, i redownloaded bbm, and still nothing...

so what i did was just starting add bb pins manually and only realised that ppl werent see my profile pic and i couldnt see some of theirs???

please help..many thanks.
    12-06-10 06:48 AM
    I have the exact same probleMm!!!! I cant see my profile pics or anyone elses profile pictures, I have 105 contacts I cant see any of their pictures.

what the **** is going on !
    12-06-10 08:22 AM
    help?????????
    12-06-10 08:29 AM
    i can see some people......but they cant see my pic??
    12-06-10 08:41 AM
    i called rogers and after 35 mins on the phone they said you have to uninstall bbm and reinstall it through your pc or appworld if you have a dataplan.
    12-06-10 08:48 AM
    thats what i did.....i redownload from appworld and still no luck
    12-06-10 08:55 AM
    Hopefully new leak will fix this problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 08:59 AM
    I spoke with several people containing this issue, however other problems might include, being able to see old display pics and not their new ones, display pictures randomly dissapearing. It is not the 9780 itself, as other bb owners are experiencing this problem. It has to do with a bug. Over time, it will eventually get fixed. Be Patient.
    12-06-10 12:09 PM
    My picture issue is fixed BUT I have to add 105 contacts manually all over again... why? I dont know.. its just the only way...

I estimate Ive wasted around 5 hours going to future shop and on the phone with rogers over the past 3 weeks.
    12-06-10 12:19 PM
    hi guys i need help with my bbm.

i just bought a new bb 9780 and im trying to restore my bbm. when i attempt to restore with my email......its says email not linked with any bb.......but i know for a fact that i have previously, it should be stored remotely, because this is what i did when i changed from curve to bold 9700.
    Also store your contact list on your memory card!
    12-06-10 02:09 PM
    Remote restore has let me down in the past too. It's best to backup locally on your media card as well. This issue isn't specific to this device either.
    Last edited by Alxis; 12-06-10 at 02:25 PM.
    12-06-10 02:22 PM
    This sometimes happens to me when I switch between bb's and want my same contact list. On your old phone, put your simcard in and make sure your email is linked to that phone, and then Remote Back up it to your email. Make sure it's backed, and then switch to your new phone, and Restore your list. I've found that if I switch between my 9700 or 8900 and the 9780 a lot, bbm seems to "unlink" itself from the designated email I assigned, so I have to pop my sim in the phone with the list I want to use to make sure the list is backed up. Such a hassle! Hope that helped!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 11:17 PM
    Also store your contact list on your memory card!
    how do you do it??
    12-07-10 07:21 AM
    how do you do it??
    From your main BBM list, Menu > Options > Save a backup of your contact list > back up files locally > Back up now

It will prompt you to where to save it and what to name it.

I also have mine set to auto-save my contact list changes.
    12-07-10 07:37 AM
    I'm having the same problem, I thought I had it backed up locally too. Clearly not.

Edit: I added myself to BBM, did a Quick Pull (battery pull). Display pictures started to show, and I could do a remote backup.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 12-16-10 at 02:30 AM.
    12-16-10 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD