10-26-09 02:21 AM
44 12
tools
    Well... my BBM got deleted when I updated, and I went and re-installed app world(which got deleted also), and it said my BBM was archived. I re-installed it, but it is still nowhere to be found, even though it shows up in my Applications list under Add ons...

What should I do?

I'm rebooting the device as I post this, and the next thing I am going to try is to re-install BBM from the blackberry.com/messenger site.

Please help.

PS: 1000th post !!
    10-25-09 11:31 PM
    Yeah I'm having the same issues. I've fully removed it and delted the archive. I'm trying to redownload now from app world but app world dosen't seem to be connecting very well depsite having fully bars.
    10-25-09 11:48 PM
    Same issue here too, no Facebook from the looks of things either.
    10-25-09 11:57 PM
    same issue here...im goin to blackberry.com/messenger to redownload ill let you know how it goes
    10-26-09 12:00 AM
    And another one that lost BBM. I'm also trying to download from blackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:02 AM
    try plugging your phones into DM

Remove the apps with DM

Then download them fresh from blackberry.com dont count on the phones internal "delete" feature
    10-26-09 12:03 AM
    I had the same thing. Reinstalling the 4.7 BBM from the BBDM now. Then will see if upgrade shows up in AppWorld.
    10-26-09 12:03 AM
    Guys more than likely you have the "instant messengers" folder hidden. From the main screen click the menu button twice and select unhide. in the instant messengers folder you should find BBM. Then just move it back onto home screen and hide everything again. Should have you fixed up.
    10-26-09 12:04 AM
    My instant messaging folder isn't hidden. No BBM in that folder, either.
    10-26-09 12:06 AM
    my problem a little different... tried re-downloading through app world and it has been saying installing for a few minutes, froze a couple times... restarted phone and still says installing but with nothing going on..
    10-26-09 12:07 AM
    Guys more than likely you have the "instant messengers" folder hidden. From the main screen click the menu button twice and select unhide. in the instant messengers folder you should find BBM. Then just move it back onto home screen and hide everything again. Should have you fixed up.
    i have opened every folder on my phone and looked in my app listing under option->advanced option->applications and nothing

RIM I am pissed at you!!!!!
    No, it happened to me too. The update seems to remove BBM from the phone. Also, trying to reinstall it via DM gives you the old version. I also lost all my BBM contacts in the update.
    It worked for me. I just went to blackberry.com/messenger and re downloaded over the archive and I got my bbm back and restored all my contacts perfectly.

Everything is working fine for me now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:09 AM
    same exact issue guys.... i even fully removed facebook and app world and put app center on to load them on and nothing is working... it thinks there back on the device
    This has been an issue for me since I installed .323

I can't figure it out. So far, I haven't been able to install ANY BBM, be it 4.7 or 5.0. No, it's not hidden anywhere. I've deleted with DM and it does not appear in my applications list. However, I went to download it again with appworld, and there is no download button!! WTF???
    It worked for me. I just went to blackberry.com/messenger and re downloaded over the archive and I got my bbm back and restored all my contacts perfectly.

Everything is working fine for me now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm doing the same on my phone and my wife's. My last update was not this hard. I #blameitondrewscancer. Seriously though I blame it on the lameass app world
    10-26-09 12:10 AM
    Try this one worked for me: BBM 5.0.33 OTA Link
    10-26-09 12:10 AM
    Same problem... although, did a battery pull and both BBM and Facebook are in my "Downloads" folder and say "archived" under each of their names... Restoring them now, will see what happens.
    10-26-09 12:16 AM
    ok HUGE problem downloaded bbm thru www.blackberry.com/messenger and got a bunch of error messages that stuff was missing like groups and contacts and stuff.

WTF do I do now??? I use BBM a LOT
    10-26-09 12:17 AM
    Its not RIM's fault bjmoore, its your options when you did your reload from DM

restore your applications from your backup if you're not wanting to do it other ways.

Put the old version on
    Then update to the new version via www.blackberry.com/messenger

I had the problem with the OTHER storm i have and doing the above that i suggested works fine

all could have been avoided if i had double checked my backup and restore settings outlined in MULTIPLE how to threads on the forum
    10-26-09 12:18 AM
    Ok, I got it back. Now, what is up with this mobile icon inside of BBM? I don't want to be able to send texts via BBM!

And BBM messages vibrate twice now????
    10-26-09 12:20 AM
    Its not RIM's fault bjmoore, its your options when you did your reload from DM

restore your applications from your backup if you're not wanting to do it other ways.

Put the old version on
    Then update to the new version via www.blackberry.com/messenger

I had the problem with the OTHER storm i have and doing the above that i suggested works fine

all could have been avoided if i had double checked my backup and restore settings outlined in MULTIPLE how to threads on the forum
    I made sure that I had backed up. I'm not a complete *****. I just don't understand why RIM can't make things very simple to do. I don't like being up past midnight to fix a phone
    10-26-09 12:22 AM
    I made sure that I had backed up. I'm not a complete *****. I just don't understand why RIM can't make things very simple to do. I don't like being up past midnight to fix a phone
    I didnt say your a complete *****....

what im saying is, settings are wrong somewhere for 50+ other people to do it just fine, and I was able to do it just fine on one phone but not on another where on my other machine the settings are what prevented it form taking
    10-26-09 12:25 AM
    I didnt say your a complete *****....

what im saying is, settings are wrong somewhere for 50+ other people to do it just fine, and I was able to do it just fine on one phone but not on another where on my other machine the settings are what prevented it form taking
    both phones i upgraded did this and I didn't touch the settings. didn't even mess with the options
    10-26-09 12:26 AM
    Yes sorry guys But BBM 5.0 is not compatible with new OS.. you will have to download 4.7 till they update a offical BBM for OS 5.0 =(
    10-26-09 12:33 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD