I just moved to an iphone (it was a father's day gift so I kind of had to) but I miss the bbm the most. Is there any way I can use either my Storm 2 or the 9650 on a network with just data? any prepaid options available? I don't need to surf the web or anything, just need bbm functionality.

TIA.
    07-20-11 03:12 PM
    You would need to buy a BIS plan, which is 30 bucks from most carriers.... or, you can go the prepaid route, and find the cheapest way to do it. There are many smaller prepaid carriers that offer BIS (I believe virgin mobile is the cheapest)
    07-21-11 08:54 AM
    Get T-Mobile prepaid BIS (but with compulsory voice plan) which would come out to about $60 per month for unlimited everything
    07-21-11 06:19 PM
    BTW, do you need a voice plan also? Or just for the use of internet? BIS is definitely needed, but there are some carriers in which you can get data only
    07-21-11 06:42 PM
  5. T
    I always thought that you had to get a Virgin or Boost branded phone to get their prepaid BlackBerry service. That might be the case. I've done almost no research on it, but I wonder if you could find something for your 9650 online if you search "prepaid BlackBerry SIM"? Maybe something from "Mr. Sim Card" or one of those ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 07:01 PM
    BTW, do you need a voice plan also? Or just for the use of internet? BIS is definitely needed, but there are some carriers in which you can get data only
    Name them.
    07-21-11 08:52 PM
    AFAIK, data-only plans without any voice plans are only available to consumers in the US who are severely hearing-impaired (legally deaf).
    07-21-11 09:32 PM
    That might be true with other countries (like mine) but from what I gather there's none in the US.
    07-23-11 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD