Hi everyone.

I am going to change BB from a curve to a Bold. Is my PIN personal to me or the phone? ie, when i swap devices will my PIN change?

Thanks guys

Has anyone ever encountered problems with this?
    11-27-10 12:13 PM
    The PIN is specific to each BlackBerry device. If you get a new device and do Device Switch Wizard using Desktop Manager and change your PIN on BIS, you will not lose any contacts. They will get your new PIN once the switch is complete.

I switched from a 9000 to a 9700, and I did not lose any contacts.
    11-27-10 12:16 PM
    The PIN is specific to each BlackBerry device. If you get a new device and do Device Switch Wizard using Desktop Manager and change your PIN on BIS, you will not lose any contacts. They will get your new PIN once the switch is complete.

I switched from a 9000 to a 9700, and I did not lose any contacts.
    I agree. That was the case the 2 times I switched between different BB devices.

You can also make a separate backup of your device using DM and you can restore that to your new device should all else fail.
    11-27-10 01:44 PM
    thank you!

Can anyone tell me if they have had problems buying a second hand BB with requests for BB messenger

Thank you
    11-27-10 01:50 PM
    thank you!

Can anyone tell me if they have had problems buying a second hand BB with requests for BB messenger

Thank you
    Not to my knowledge; if you have contacts backed up via email (option in BBM) and do a device swap through Desktop Manager, if you don't have your contacts right away you can restore from email and your contacts will get a message informing them of your new PIN. You can also back contacts up to memory card, but I'd do that only if you were going to keep using the same memory card from your old device to your new one.
    11-27-10 02:17 PM
    thank you!

Thank you
    It does happen. There have been occasions when a new owner will be getting numerious requests for contact and use Google to search the PIN number. That can lead to a PIN posted in our Social and PIN sharing forums.

When that happen, a moderator can edit out PIN numbers.
    Fret Madden likes this.
    11-27-10 04:07 PM
    Every device has a PIN to that model. It doesn't follow you when you switch devices
    If you have apps downloaded you can go into your account change the model and PiN and You can get your apps transferred.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 04:54 PM
    It does happen. There have been occasions when a new owner will be getting numerious requests for contact and use Google to search the PIN number. That can lead to a PIN posted in our Social and PIN sharing forums.

When that happen, a moderator can edit out PIN numbers.
    Didn't know that, thanks.
    11-27-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD