I was wondering if anyone can help me here...

I've been having a problems with BBM lately... I'm on 5.0.411 running BBM 5.56 and I just installed these after a fresh wipe from 5.0.314 and BBM 5.33.

A lot of my contacts in BBM can't get my messages (no d/r next to the check) and if they SMS me or vice versa the ones who are contacts in my BBM as well ,appear as PIN messages in BBM and sometimes also appear as PIN in my SMS box.

In BBM options I have "show chats in messages app" unchecked. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I'm still having issues with inviting contacts. I send an invite and they never get it. When I try to delete the invite I sent from the bottom of the list, my phone freezes and needs to have a battery pull. This has been going on since my first Curve and has happened with every version of BBM I've used.

Just looking for some help here...
    12-22-09 01:55 PM
    I just started having this problem. My BBM messages don't get delivered.

Anyone else?
    12-22-09 02:06 PM
    Oh wow, i just realized that. I sent a message to a few people, theres no D/R next to it. And my pending requests arn't being accepted. :[
    12-22-09 02:48 PM
    I'll have a few requests sitting, and when I ask people, they don't get them. I'm also getting a situation where my girl doesn't get my requests. I got one from her and accepted... when I try to send her a message, it neglects her as a BBM contact and sends PIN messages instead. I'm trying to send her files and you can't do that thru PIN messages.

When I see her, I'll use the bar code scanner...that's actually worked right everytime I use it.
    12-22-09 03:01 PM
    come on guys, read the front page of CB, nobody's BBM and many times data are not working
    12-22-09 03:03 PM
    OOOOOH :] sorry.
    12-22-09 03:12 PM
    come on guys, read the front page of CB, nobody's BBM and many times data are not working
    This isn't relavent to my issue though. The issue with messages appearing as PIN has been hapning on and off for a week or two. I'm still looking for help here...
    12-22-09 03:26 PM
    Maybe You Should Try 2 Down Grade Your Software
    12-22-09 05:22 PM
    Ok, BIS outage is over!

I'm still not getting the requests she's sending me, and vice versa. Also, SMS messages are still showing up as PIN messages in my messenger from anyone who's in both.

Any help out there?
    12-23-09 01:50 PM
    Also, SMS messages are still showing up as PIN messages in my messenger from anyone who's in both.
    That's a feature of OS 5.0.
    12-23-09 01:59 PM
    I don't think that's it. It doesn't happen all the time. I have plenty of SMS's from someone who's also a BBM contact and they're in the right folder.

Also, my BBM has had a habit of graying out my contacts and forcing us to do another invite for the last few weeks as well. Don't know if that's part of it.

Edit: I met up with my girl and we sent each other requests from 2 feet away and neither of us was getting them. The barcode scanner worked instantly though. Why am I not surprised by this?
    Last edited by bish0p34; 12-23-09 at 05:20 PM.
    12-23-09 02:18 PM
    Also, my BBM has had a habit of graying out my contacts and forcing us to do another invite for the last few weeks as well. Don't know if that's part of it.
    I'll get that when someone has swapped blackberries but haven't updated their BBM contacts, or if they've dropped blackberry all together.

Edit: I met up with my girl and we sent each other requests from 2 feet away and neither of us was getting them. The barcode scanner worked instantly though. Why am I not surprised by this?
    I've never had that experience. Sometimes a a delay of a few seconds, but not more than that.

Good luck with the girl.
    12-24-09 09:52 AM
    That's a feature of OS 5.0.
    I hate that feature!. I want to keep them seperate, but have the ability to access either/or.
    12-24-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD