11-05-13 10:56 AM
1,338 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I'm on a Verizon Tour but can't seem to get the copy and pasting into autotext right. I've selected the emoticon I want to put in autotext, made sure to hit copy, but when I get to the autotext part, I never see an option to paste it. I tried doing this in BBM but don't see any option to paste. Is there a key I'm missing?
    02-26-10 04:54 PM
    I'm on a Verizon Tour but can't seem to get the copy and pasting into autotext right. I've selected the emoticon I want to put in autotext, made sure to hit copy, but when I get to the autotext part, I never see an option to paste it. I tried doing this in BBM but don't see any option to paste. Is there a key I'm missing?
    When your in autotext hit menu> new. Then whatever your shortcut for that symbol is.
    02-26-10 04:55 PM
    So you have to do these one by one? I have them on my clipboard on my Storm2, but now I don't know what to do with them. I feel like an *****. Can anyone help? Do I have to put each face in separately in AutoText?
    02-26-10 05:01 PM
    Now that would be the way to go, I would also like to know...I am guessing not...You really gotta want them to copy and paste each of them that you want!
    This is very true. However, it DOES work!
    Copy the icon you want and go to autotext, create a new entry and then paste it there.

It will appear as a block as the person above me said. It does work. Save.

When you type that entry word, the block becomes the icon.

If I can help you, please post back here and I will try.
    02-26-10 05:08 PM
    I am able to copy and paste the damn things in autotext but when I sent a message to myself in BBM I keep on seeing the original text and not the icon/black square itself. What am i doing wrong?
    You need to add a SPACE after the word you type. Try that!
    02-26-10 05:09 PM
    Looked in options. No auto text I can find. ?????
    here you go.

While a chat is open you'll see an option for autotext
    for the pig smiley I added it as "gip" cause if i actually want to use pig and put that in the autotext just the emoticon will always pop up not the word.

Enjoy
    02-26-10 05:15 PM
    This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

So if I wanted to use these emotes, I have to take lord knows how many hours and individually add each one to Autotext and assign shortcuts? All because RIM for whatever reason didn't feel like adding them themselves?

Eff you RIM.
    02-26-10 05:42 PM
    Amen reeneebob, lol.
    02-26-10 05:46 PM
    Honestly - since they are obviously coded would it be oh so difficult for RIM to enable them? Why is everyone so thankful to RIM for burying them in the BBM coding and happily jumping through 17 hoops to be able to send a pig face in a chat?

Yes RIM! Thank you so much! I am so excited that for the sheer priviledge of sending a doggie face to a contact I have to send myself a text of boxes, then individually add each one to Suretype and manually assign shortcuts to them! After those 6 hours of my life are gone, RIM, could you also punch me in the vajayjay for good measure? Thank you so much, RIM!

Why is everyone so thrilled about this? Why aren't more people annoyed that this is what RIM expects its customers to do or think it's acceptable?

I'm sorry but I for one am NOT thanking RIM for this, instead I'm pissed off they took the time to bury these in the program to use and then make it as difficult as possible to actually use them.

Next up, we finally get a bare minimum acceptable browser but we have to manually type in the HTML coding to view the pages.
    02-26-10 05:53 PM
    I just can't seem to do this & really tried for a few hours, so I would apreciate if someone emailed them to me. I don't own a comp either. I can't even set myself up for a email contact or Bbm I have the 8330 Curve, Sprint user. Same OS that came w/ the phone if it helps. (drkvylt2008@gmail.com) in the meantime I'll patiently wait. & try again some other time. By the way. I love emoticons as much as you & proud member of this site.
    (The last 4 I made up.) ;-)

O-&-< arms crossed

<IIEEEEEED pencil

C:O::O::O::O::O::U:::: flute

OzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzO baton

OZZZZZO mens barber sign

Posted from Mami-Chula my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    funny... my autotext wouldnt allow me to do ":" so i just had to do "*" instead....

works good on my storm2 running on .451
    02-26-10 06:06 PM
    p.s: did anyone else notice the rock, paper, scissors icons?? lol cute
    02-26-10 06:09 PM
    what do you do after you copy them? I have one in Autotext, but so what? How do I get it into my BBM icon set?
    02-26-10 06:09 PM
    what do you do after you copy them? I have one in Autotext, but so what? How do I get it into my BBM icon set?
    Once you get them in autotext, you go to your bbm chat, type the word that you associated with the pic and press the space bar. The picture will appear. For example, say you saved the cat under kitty. Type kitty in a bbm message,press the space bar and the cat icon will appear.
    02-26-10 06:13 PM
    Thanks a bunch. It works, but I have to agree with the poster who says this is a big waste of time if you want to add a lot of icons. It sort of reminds me of Character Map in Windows.

There should be an easier way.
    02-26-10 06:17 PM
    Say, is there any way to make your own icons and then add them using this same method? I have a few tiny picture icons I would love to use.
    02-26-10 06:29 PM
    Honestly - since they are obviously coded would it be oh so difficult for RIM to enable them? Why is everyone so thankful to RIM for burying them in the BBM coding and happily jumping through 17 hoops to be able to send a pig face in a chat?

Yes RIM! Thank you so much! I am so excited that for the sheer priviledge of sending a doggie face to a contact I have to send myself a text of boxes, then individually add each one to Suretype and manually assign shortcuts to them! After those 6 hours of my life are gone, RIM, could you also punch me in the vajayjay for good measure? Thank you so much, RIM!

Why is everyone so thrilled about this? Why aren't more people annoyed that this is what RIM expects its customers to do or think it's acceptable?

I'm sorry but I for one am NOT thanking RIM for this, instead I'm pissed off they took the time to bury these in the program to use and then make it as difficult as possible to actually use them.

Next up, we finally get a bare minimum acceptable browser but we have to manually type in the HTML coding to view the pages.
    I agree with your frustration with this, but on the flip side, I don't really want all of these emoticons, I just picked out the 4-5 I would actually use.
    02-26-10 06:31 PM
    So I sent the emoticons to my phone via email, and copied and pasted, but they dont save, so how do you get them to save? Even if I just copy and paste individually, they dont save
    02-26-10 06:36 PM
    You have to save each icon as its own autotext entry.

There is no way to paste them into the existing icon set, which would be awesome.
    02-26-10 06:40 PM
    worked now i have to pick the ones i want to use.
    02-26-10 06:42 PM
    Have these icons now, but how can we use the international flags on BBM?
    02-26-10 06:42 PM
    These are great, copied and pasted, set up autotext with some misspelling of the word I associate with the icon so I can just type them right in. Only problem is, I just sent a message to one of the guys, and he just sees the black squares. So does he need to add these as well? is this a ver 5 BBM thing only? Doesn't do me a lot of good to have them if no one else can see them.
    02-26-10 06:43 PM
    I think it may have to be version 5.0.0.x of BBM to be viewed, yes.
    Wasn't the 4.x devoid of pics etc? My guess would be yes, you need version 5.0.0.x of BBM to view these icons. I could be wrong. Someone will come along and correct me if I am.
    02-26-10 06:46 PM
    This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

So if I wanted to use these emotes, I have to take lord knows how many hours and individually add each one to Autotext and assign shortcuts? All because RIM for whatever reason didn't feel like adding them themselves?

Eff you RIM.
    while these icons are new, people have been using autotext to display characters for years, i added all these new ones that i would use in about 20 minutes, i can only imagine it taking hours if you had no hands, and nobody said you had to use them.
    02-26-10 06:52 PM
    I think it may have to be version 5.0.0.x of BBM to be viewed, yes.
    Wasn't the 4.x devoid of pics etc? My guess would be yes, you need version 5.0.0.x of BBM to view these icons. I could be wrong. Someone will come along and correct me if I am.
    Thought it might be that, have to see what he's running. Thanks
    02-26-10 06:52 PM
    I pasted them into my bb and they show up but how do I save them?
    02-26-10 07:13 PM
1,338 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD