About two weeks or so my contacts picture on bbm were not updating and people that i would add wouldnt have a picture what so ever. I tried all the resets and nothing so i went to sprint were they wiped my phone and updated the bbm. After that it worked for an hour and then went right back to not updating so i wiped my phone 2 more times after that and finally no ones picture was showing...someone please HELP?!?!?!
    08-02-10 03:43 PM
    I am having the same issue and there seems to be no answers. iam going to look around to see if I can locate a solution. Please someone we need assistance.
    08-02-10 09:43 PM
    Read somewhere that RIM was doing some upgrades to bbm and that's why pictures won't update, can't find that info now though... Guess we'll wait and see

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 01:57 AM
    Mine's doing the same thing. Except in my group chats, my updates show the correct photo along with other contacts' correct changes.

Haven't wiped mine yet and I don't plan to. Not a big urgency but it is quite annoying.

Anyone find a solution yet?
    08-05-10 09:10 AM
    I have v5.0.0.57 been having this problem for about 3 weeks now. I read that it most likely means RIM is doing some upgrades to BBM. I think it may have to do with Sprint's Blackberry Torch release on August 12th, which is running OS 6 even though I have Verizon.
    08-09-10 03:51 AM
    Mine too...nd d names also....d pin shows instead of names!!! Frustrating indeed

08-09-10 05:59 AM
    I am on Sprint using a Tour, had .66 installed fine for a while and a few weeks ago I started having pic update issues. Deleted and went back to official .57 and it worked for a few minutes and then back to the same problems.

My buddy on ATT is not having these issues and my Wifes Pearl on Sprint doesn't have these problems either. It is very Annoying.

08-10-10 10:22 AM
    I'm having the same issues.
    08-10-10 10:25 AM
    you can add me to the list!!! I'm pissed. I mean not the end of the world but c'mon...I want my BBM to work properly.

Any idea when RIM plans on fixing it?
    08-10-10 05:07 PM
    People who are having these problems appear to be random... It's not one carrier or one phone... I'm actually on the line with a Blackberry tech guy trying to resolve the deleting myself off of other ppl's bbm issue and he said that RIM is working on it and less and less people are having the issue... but it's moving wayyy too slow... People can call Blackberry directly at 1-877-255-2377...
    08-10-10 05:13 PM
    Hey guys! mine started working again after almost a month!!!

I downloaded the new bbm to the official v5.0.1.38 and 2 of 59 of my contacts pics had updated. Then I downloaded the desktop manager 6, hooked my bb up to the laptop and deleted some language packs that I don't use.

I'm not sure if either of these contributed to it working again or RIM fixed itself but it's worth a try.
    08-11-10 02:11 AM
    Yes mine started magically working again as well after a few weeks of no picture updates. Downloaded the new BBM and it is working fine as well.
    08-11-10 05:02 AM
    Yup - downloaded the new BBM via Blackberry App world and it magically works again.
    08-11-10 02:35 PM
    Well i hope RIM is doing a Update, i had the 5.0.0.862 OS for my 9700 and i saw today that my display photos not updating. So i wiped my phone and upgraded to the 5.0.0.938... And now all my contact display Photos not showing including mine!
    09-19-10 01:21 AM
    Running 5.0.1.38 and just realized i'm having the same issue when I went to change my BBM picture.
    09-19-10 01:18 PM
    The same problem here. I got this as a broadcast :"Dears ,

Kindly note that there is a problem with BBM display picture , its not changing , this is a global problem , and will be notified once solved .

Thank you"

09-19-10 03:57 PM
    problem seems fixed, noticed all display pics coming in this am/ over night!!
    09-20-10 08:17 AM
    In Bahrain, it has just got started yesterday!
    09-20-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD