A friend of mine has the 8530. Her pics do not update when she changes them but the status does. We re downloaded bbm. And did a hard reset still nothing. Is there any other options to fix this issue. Verizon told her they can't help her.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 05:13 PM
    Hmm that is odd, mine works just fine. What is the file format of the picture you are trying to use? Is it a larger picture in size?

08-08-10 08:32 PM
    There have been many users experiencing this difficulty on many different devices (my 9630 included) and so far I haven't found a solution... I haven't been able to see photo updates, nor update my own, for over a week now. Because so many have the same problem, however, I'm leaning towards this issue being on RIM's side. Hopefully we will see a fix soon. Some have said it could be a "bug" in the remote backup of BBM via email. Who knows.
    08-08-10 08:35 PM
    I have the complete opposite issue with my bbm. The pictures update but my status message doesn't update for my contacts. Any suggestions for that one?
    08-10-10 01:16 PM
    i am having the same problem as joeyLZ25 it is now august 2010 . lol . please somebody help . updating my bbm picture is my life! my status updates fine, but my picture will not no matter how many battery pulls i do, no matter how many times i delete and readd bbm. plus numerous calls to sprint for my (bb 8530) . still nuthin :/ i even downgraded to older version of bbm and still nada . please someone find a cure .
    08-25-10 12:03 AM
    I have been using BBM version 5.0.0.57 and haven't had a single issue with it (besides BIS hiccups). Here is a link to get it:

Thnx, Tripster

08-25-10 01:32 AM
    I have the same problem with the picture update. Please someone help us soon!!!!
    08-25-10 11:26 PM
    OK , now i was previously deleting my bbm and then i was restoring contacts but that did not do anything>.......but today i deleted it and then readded all my contacts individually by pin request.....and my pic now changes with ease. i know its pain for all of those who have many contacts but i only have 30 so wasnt so bad. If ita really bothering you like it was me i suggest u give it a try. Before i deleted everyone i made sure to link all my bbm contacts to the contact list. good luck
    08-28-10 12:06 PM
    btw i did this for the most recent bbm which i have as 5.0.1.38
    08-28-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD