09-20-10 07:51 AM
26 12
tools
    hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with BBM on .938 OS. It won't show anybody's display pic for all my contacts but one. It annoys me how I can't see any pics. Any help would be much appreciated.
    09-18-10 11:39 PM
    Make sure you update your BBM to the latest version as BBM gets reverted to the original version that is shipped with a BB upon an OS upgrade.
    09-19-10 12:09 AM
    I have .938 installed since yesterday and it's working fine for me....
    09-19-10 12:43 AM
    Installed .938 then upgraded bbm in app world... No issues.

Matrix I thought you sold your 9700 so you could hang out in the 9780 forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 01:20 AM
    The leak copy of 938 comes with BBM 5.0.0.66. If you delete the cod files for it in java, and upgrade properly, you'll continue to have 5.0.1.38 when done.
    09-19-10 02:46 AM
    thx for the advice guys
    09-19-10 03:20 AM
    Make sure you update your BBM to the latest version as BBM gets reverted to the original version that is shipped with a BB upon an OS upgrade.
    wrong again. it reverts back to whatever BBM version is contained in the OS. 938 comes with 5.0.0.66.

ive noticed that even by having the newest official, the loader process always insists on downgrading and doesnt let you keep the upgraded version. you will need to manually upgrade BBM upon install of a new OS. but as BBW stated, you can replace the BBM cod files with version 5.0.1.38 and thats the version that will be installed with the OS.
    09-19-10 05:07 AM
    hmmm i think i would give 938 a try and see how it works since no one really complained about it... be back in 20mins
    09-19-10 06:35 AM
    wrong again. it reverts back to whatever BBM version is contained in the OS. 938 comes with 5.0.0.66.

ive noticed that even by having the newest official, the loader process always insists on downgrading and doesnt let you keep the upgraded version. you will need to manually upgrade BBM upon install of a new OS. but as BBW stated, you can replace the BBM cod files with version 5.0.1.38 and thats the version that will be installed with the OS.
    Don't know why the installed version isn't in your app list. I've run at least a half dozen in the past month, and it's always there, checked off and seemlessly loaded when I'm done. Hmmmmmmmmm....
    09-19-10 07:00 AM
    I think RIM is having a prob because a couple people in JA are having probs updating their profile pics as well. I am also having this prob and I'm running 9700/5.0.0.862.

09-19-10 09:32 AM
    I think RIM is having a prob because a couple people in JA are having probs updating their profile pics as well. I am also having this prob and I'm running 9700/5.0.0.862.

Definitely not the OS. Sadly, my suggestion, do a battery pull, unless you don't havE the latest BBM, 5.0.1.38.
    09-19-10 10:14 AM
    hmmm i having some problems.... other than that bbm pic problem... my phone getting ridiculously hot and not charging cant get any browser action either tinking bout reverting but like i said my phone not charging
    have to get a full battery before i can continue
    09-19-10 11:48 AM
    That's a serious issue jvice. If the battery is @>40 it won't charge. Could be the phone, running a huge resource hog app, but most likely the battery itself is going bad. Should be able to have it replaced for free from your carrier.
    09-19-10 11:53 AM
    i work in a phone store so i can jus replace it on work tomorrow... but as for now the bbm no pics.... is supper annoying and my fone still gets hot for no reason i jus took out the battery n have it infront of the fan
    09-19-10 11:58 AM
    What did the store say, and is it a corporate store?
    09-19-10 12:04 PM
    i think u misread... i said i work in a cell store in my country so i would jus replace the battery tomorrow.... this happened once before that was wen i upgraded to 862 but i restore my backups a couple of times and never had a problem after that so i am going and try that now and see if it would help any thing...
    Last edited by jvice; 09-19-10 at 03:53 PM.
    09-19-10 12:14 PM
    I have no problems at all. Have you tried restoring your previous saved bbm contacts manually? Because that's what I did every time I had the same problem.
    09-19-10 02:59 PM

I'm having the same problem!
    09-19-10 03:24 PM
    I have no problems at all. Have you tried restoring your previous saved bbm contacts manually? Because that's what I did every time I had the same problem.
    manually you say???

but i think i get what u mean manually restore the backup... yes i did dat and still the same problem
    Last edited by jvice; 09-19-10 at 03:54 PM.
    09-19-10 03:49 PM
    Don't know why the installed version isn't in your app list. I've run at least a half dozen in the past month, and it's always there, checked off and seemlessly loaded when I'm done. Hmmmmmmmmm....
    it also happened when i was using the beta BBM. even though its an updated version, the BBM shows in the app list however its greyed out and cannot be changed. i have no coice but to let it downgrade. its strange.
    09-19-10 06:50 PM
    i figure it out... the reason for the bbm pic not showing... after spending whole day i figure it out... it is app world lol yes simple app world is the problem... you must install the latest version of app world then install the bbm and everything would load as normal pics and everything... i have close to 200 bbm contacts so it took some time for my pics to load bit they did load....
    09-20-10 12:05 AM
    Same issue with bbm pictures as well, the only I see is one from a contact I have connected to my phone directory..

Did an upgrade, it didn't help, neither did a battery pull.
    09-20-10 02:41 AM
    Same issue with bbm pictures as well, the only I see is one from a contact I have connected to my phone directory..

Did an upgrade, it didn't help, neither did a battery pull.
    did u upgrade app world to the 2.0 version??? try that
    09-20-10 04:51 AM
    I was never able to view any pictures from any OS version or BBM version I had. They just wouldn't show up, no matter what. :/
    09-20-10 05:46 AM
    did u upgrade app world to the 2.0 version??? try that
    I already had.. I uninstalled and reinstalled both apps (bb app world and bbm), after reinstalling app world, it suggested that I upgrade bbm, what I did, but the behavior is still the same: I can't see my contacts avatars..
    09-20-10 06:56 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD