Hey, I used to have a Storm 1 & 2 and when some of my friends would post cool little thumbnail pics I would click on them, hit the bb button to pull up the menu and then "save image".

Now on this Torch I pull up the menu and only get options to send to twitter, to group, to facebook etc...or to email...and that's what I do, email it to myself then save image.

Is there some setting that I missed?
    12-16-10 08:33 AM
    is this an MMS, or a BBM where you receive the picture?

Ive noticed with a BBM picture it auto saves to your Picture library under a new heading called Blackberry Messenger. For instance in my pictures folder I have Camera Pictures, Picture Library, Wallpaper, and Blackberry Messenger.
    12-16-10 08:43 AM
    To "borrow" a contact's bbm pic just go to the contact, press menu and select view contact profile, press menu again and then the option to save display pic would be there.

This is unique to OS6. Hope this helps
    jiggaman2g likes this.
    12-16-10 08:57 AM
    Its a BBM, so lets say I click on your name while in bbm and click on your thumbnail picture, that's what I want to add to my library.

I have no issues with where it is cause i did notice that it separates them in your photo library. My question is, is there an easier way to add there photo to my library without having to email it to myself?

Thanks

is this an MMS, or a BBM where you receive the picture?

Ive noticed with a BBM picture it auto saves to your Picture library under a new heading called Blackberry Messenger. For instance in my pictures folder I have Camera Pictures, Picture Library, Wallpaper, and Blackberry Messenger.
    12-16-10 09:03 AM
    A profile picture or an actual sent picture? I'm a little confused here.
    12-16-10 09:05 AM
    Ahhh, just got it if you mean an avatar picture. Click to view there profile, hover over the display pic then press the BB button. The option to "Save Display Picture" is there now.

Just as Mikeydan posted.
    jiggaman2g likes this.
    12-16-10 09:07 AM
    To "borrow" a contact's bbm pic just go to the contact, press menu and select view contact profile, press menu again and then the option to save display pic would be there.

This is unique to OS6. Hope this helps
    That did it!! Thank you both for the help!

That sure is different than what I was used too. lol
    12-16-10 09:08 AM
    Hey, I used to have a Storm 1 & 2 and when some of my friends would post cool little thumbnail pics I would click on them, hit the bb button to pull up the menu and then "save image".

Now on this Torch I pull up the menu and only get options to send to twitter, to group, to facebook etc...or to email...and that's what I do, email it to myself then save image.

Is there some setting that I missed?
    That did it!! Thank you both for the help!

That sure is different than what I was used too. lol
    That's the difference between OS5 and OS6. You're welcome
    12-16-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD