Ok... running 9780 with the latest upgrade to os 6.

I sent a photo via bbm to a contact. They too are running os 6. I just got a bbm request from contact.... "XXXX Has requested to donwload a higher quality picture of img xxxxxxxxxx (350kb) .. how can I default increase the size of image sent through BBM? With older versions, I remember being able to choose the resolution of the image. I can't find that with the latest update.

Thanks
    03-21-11 05:03 PM
    That happens only if your contact want a high res copy, by moving the cursor over the image Menu > Request high resolution...

I'm testing to see if the image quallity actually suffers when you 1st send it.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to hurt the quality in any way I would be concerned with... Could somebody in a time zone where it is actually morning now give this a try? I'll try tomorrow with proper lights.
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-21-11 at 05:22 PM.
    03-21-11 05:13 PM
    That happens only if your contact want a high res copy, by moving the cursor over the image Menu > Request high resolution...
    Is there a way to send the higher quality image...I notice friends running os 5 or lower bbm i have option to pick the resolution.....others that are up to date doesn't give me the option. How can I satisfy their request and send the higher resolution image.

I'm curious if there is a way to send the entire image full res even if no option is provided during the send process because I notice they are all being sent at 29kb
    03-21-11 05:28 PM
    I wouldn't worry about that. If they do need higher quality pictures, just tell them how to request it and off they go.

I bet most people will not bother with it.

Well, I had a request on my screen with buttons to allow/deny the download.
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-21-11 at 06:00 PM.
    03-21-11 05:30 PM
    I wouldn't worry about that. If they do need higher quality pictures, just tell them how to request it and off they go.

I bet most people will not bother with it.
    My request though is if they do request a higher res image, how can i send it through bbm? I can't find any option to do it.
    03-21-11 05:46 PM
    If they "request a higher version", BBM sends the picture automatically. There's nothing for you to do.

You can't change picture size being sent in the new version of BBM.
    drfever likes this.
    03-21-11 05:52 PM
    If they "request a higher version", BBM sends the picture automatically. There's nothing for you to do.

Gotcha!!! Thanks. So that's how it works.....a higher res image will autmatically be sent. That is good to know. I am simply receiving a message that they recipient has effectively "pulled" the higher res version.

Thanks Motorcycle Mama.

Cheers
    03-21-11 05:56 PM

Well, I had a request on my screen with buttons to allow/deny the download... Maybe there are settings in Options for that? (not gonna check hehe, hence the ?)
    03-21-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD