My sister has an odd problem with her at&t curve 8900. While on the phone, she can't send or rec. messages via bbm. It just gives the clock sign by the message. She's running 4.6.1.231 on the curve & 4.6.0 on bbm. I've tried it on my bold 9000 and it works fine for me. Anyone ever try this or hear of this problem?

Thanks, You guys rock on this forum!!!
    11-27-09 03:28 PM
    Curve cannot do voice and data at the same time because it's nor 3G like the bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 04:30 PM
    Curve cannot do voice and data at the same time because it's not 3G like the bold.

11-27-09 04:31 PM
    The 8900 has EDGE, not 3G like your 9000. 3G is necessary for simultaneous voice and data. There is nothing that changing the OS on the 8900 will do for that issue. It is a limitation of the device.

11-27-09 04:46 PM
    Wow, what awesome advice here. 3G has nothing to do with it. Of course the 8900 does voice and data simultaneously. Of course you can browse and do voice at the same time. Jeezeus.

11-27-09 06:55 PM
    Wow, what awesome advice here. 3G has nothing to do with it. Of course the 8900 does voice and data simultaneously. Of course you can browse and do voice at the same time. Jeezeus.

the 8900 is only capable of simultaneous voice/data when using Wi-Fi. It cannot be done on the EDGE network.

11-27-09 07:09 PM
    Duh. Thanks. Now edit your fail responses.

11-27-09 07:44 PM

their responses are correct. the phone wont recieve BBM's while the user is on the phone unless they are on wifi. if not, the BBM's dont deliver until they hang the phone up. unless im not getting your sacasm.
    11-27-09 11:14 PM

the 8900 is only capable of simultaneous voice/data when using Wi-Fi. It cannot be done on the EDGE network.

A true view at somebody with wayyy to many posts. Seems lazerus should read more about a device instead of give false information.
    11-27-09 11:43 PM
    A true view at somebody with wayyy to many posts. Seems lazerus should read more about a device instead of give false information.
    I did not mention the Wi-Fi when I originally responded to the thread because the OP did not mention if he or his sister were using Wi-Fi.
    11-28-09 12:12 AM
    I did not mention the Wi-Fi when I originally responded to the thread because the OP did not mention if he or his sister were using Wi-Fi.
    I know. The op said vs the bold. So obviously they were talking about normal carrier reception/data. Not wifi. Your reply was correct.
    11-28-09 12:53 AM
    I know. The op said vs the bold. So obviously they were talking about normal carrier reception/data. Not wifi. Your reply was correct.
    And the OP's carrier is AT&T, so he would get 3G on his 9000. If somebody was using a 9000 unlocked on T-Mobile, he could only get EDGE due to the different 3G bands on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    11-28-09 01:20 AM
    Thanks for the info guys. The answer was answered completly. Thanks again for all the help... I love this forum!
    11-28-09 02:43 PM
    Speaking of fail..........
    11-28-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD