01-11-10 02:04 AM
60 123
tools
    what does bbm stand for? blackberry messenger? how does it work? can you text other people's cells even though they dont have a blackberry?
    12-20-09 08:55 PM
    Most, if not all, of my core group of friends that I see or hang out with on a regular basis all have Blackberries so we are all on BBM.

The End.
    12-20-09 08:58 PM
    Yes. BBM is Blackberry Messenger. It is used for communicating between bb owners. Since I don't use any other instant messaging platform, this is the one I use.
    12-20-09 09:01 PM
    BBM may be the biggest reason I have a blackberry. Absolutly love it.

BBM is the ONLY reason I have a my blackberry.
    12-20-09 09:06 PM
    what does bbm stand for? blackberry messenger? how does it work? can you text other people's cells even though they dont have a blackberry?

Wow!!! You need to hit the thread about BB 101. These phones are loaded with features that will blow you away. It amazes me how the stores that sell these phones do not educate the consumers on what they are exactly buying.

Stay on CB and love and learn.
    12-20-09 09:10 PM
    I can definitely live without it. Depends if your friends have BBM to be honest. Most of my friends are using AIM so the AIM program or Beejive is more useful than BBM. Most of my friends around here has Iphones/droids. Besides, texting is just as easy as BBM now so its kind of a dead program to me.
    12-20-09 09:29 PM
    whats the difference between bbm and regular messaging? i just added a friend who has a blackberry to bbm but i dont see the difference

plz explain
    12-20-09 09:47 PM
    I can definitely live without it. Depends if your friends have BBM to be honest. Most of my friends are using AIM so the AIM program or Beejive is more useful than BBM. Most of my friends around here has Iphones/droids. Besides, texting is just as easy as BBM now so its kind of a dead program to me.
    Glad to have you back. Thought you were unsubscribing from the forum. I have a question...Do you have anything POSITIVE to say about any of the RIM product or software programs. The previous poster just had an innocent question that could have been answered without blasting RIM. I will admit that are times when I wish certain features were better with my berry but I try not to run the company into the ground. Making enchancement requests and suggestions could prove more effective.
    12-20-09 09:57 PM
    Its a more "personal" and more feature loaded version of AIM/Texting. Only useful to those who actually use it.
    12-20-09 09:57 PM
    Glad to have you back. Thought you were unsubscribing from the forum. I have a question...Do you have anything POSITIVE to say about any of the RIM product or software programs. The previous poster just had an innocent question that could have been answered without blasting RIM. I will admit that are times when I wish certain features were better with my berry but I try not to run the company into the ground. Making enchancement requests and suggestions could prove more effective.
    Where was I bashing anything? I stated the truth in every single way. Are you just trying to twist my words into thinking I was blasting RIM and its features? I EXPLICITLY STATED that I don't use it and agree with those that it is somewhat overrated but only to THOSE who don't use those features. Seriously stop tailing my *** on this forum.
    12-20-09 09:59 PM
    Heck no! It's not overrated.
    12-20-09 10:03 PM
    Sorry...Not following you...Just had not heard from you in a while..."I can definitely live without it"...that sounded really positive. If you don't like BBM, that's your right and I would never take that from you. Just saying that there is a better way than backhanding RIM in an off-handed manner. If that was not your intention, I apologize and I was wrong to make any such inference from your posting.
    12-20-09 10:07 PM
    I answered his question in my own words. Theres a clear cut line between bashing the program without any justification. I justified my opinion, zero backhand there. Don't let your soreness from our last debacle carry into other threads. Thanks.
    12-20-09 10:10 PM
    No soreness. Happy Holidays!!!
    12-20-09 10:13 PM
    More and more of my friends have switched to other devices. I seem to be communicating more through Google Talk. I would have no problems switching from BB to another device when one comes along.
    12-20-09 10:16 PM
    I didn't know bbm was rated at all people just like it no ome is saying its the end all be all I'm client

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 10:24 PM
    I answered his question in my own words. Theres a clear cut line between bashing the program without any justification. I justified my opinion, zero backhand there. Don't let your soreness from our last debacle carry into other threads. Thanks.
    Hahahahaha I had someone tailing me once he was posting right after me on like 3 or 4 threads it was like he was harassing me. I was thinking is this guy gay or not like me because of my name or what.

12-20-09 10:28 PM
    BBM is 100% more performant than SMS. very useful to transfert files easily. Faster than SMS. Receip/read confimation...

I have around 40 contacts.

Yeah I agree: you need to know peaple with BBs, but yes, it the best innovation since texting!
    12-20-09 10:32 PM
    I am not tailing anyone. I am not the one who has resorted to personal attacks, past and present. I was just poking a litlle fun to show the poster that there were no hard feelings.

12-20-09 10:34 PM
    Very true about the file transfer that helps me so much when working with co-workers that have them

12-20-09 10:57 PM
    whats the difference between bbm and regular messaging? i just added a friend who has a blackberry to bbm but i dont see the difference

plz explain
    It's instant and faster. Easier to send pics, voice notes, and more. You can also see if someone is available as well as alerting them with a ping. With bbm 5.0, you can also set up groups which is an added bonus.
    12-20-09 11:49 PM
    Groups on bbm have been a big improvement at my job and communicating with co-workers as well, I love the bbm groups

12-20-09 11:51 PM
    Groups on bbm have bogged down my 8900 so badly, I deleted them.
    12-21-09 12:02 AM
    My post was directed at BIS users. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said my statement about co-workers/friends. Check your head.

I am lost to your point....that makes no sense at all. Hooray for pointless thread....ya......awwww.
    12-21-09 03:21 AM
    Often times, I see in reviews or posts from posters that BBM is an application that they cannot live without. I question why, since it is simply an IM / messaging application that I can only use with my fellow CrackBerries. However, to be honest with everyone, all my friends are on other devices, and I communicate with them via sms, or some other IM client, like GTalk, Nimbuzz, BeeJive, etc.

Let's also get real and realize that lots of people are jumping onto the i(diot)Phone bandwagon, the Android, etc. and most NEW smartphone users probably don't have the BlackBerry at the top of their list.

So I am interested in hearing from people what is it about BBM that makes it such an important application in their lives? The response, "All my friends and co-workers have BlackBerries" is an acceptable response, I guess?

In my personal opinion bbm is nowhere near overated. Its the only thing of its kind (at least to my knowledge. Here's a scenario. What if aim, yahoo, msn and all other messangers were down and you really needed to talk to somebody about something important. If they have a blackberry you may do so. Plus aside fron that the productivity factor of this phones is just phenomenal, the fact that you can make groups and set up task within those groups and calendar dates is just amazing. I switched to blackberry from a sidekick and the frist blackberry I ever had was an 8900 then the 9700 cane out and I spent about 500$ on it which was half of the cash I had on hand that time. I had no problem with this just because of how much you get with a blackberry. So in my opinion bbm is not overated its one of the reasons that I love my berry

12-21-09 04:17 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD