hi,

i am currently abroad and was trying to access BBM and emails through the wifi. I started doing this after i saw that my brothers BB was able to do this.
    I have a 9800 on Orange from Austria (OS 6.0.0.570) and with an unlimited dataplan. Interestingly i am able to open Facebook (ver. 2.0.0.45) and also browse. We have here a secure connection over a router. My brother is able to do everything over the wifi (emails, bbm, gmailchat, etc.) but i have to mention that he is on a Polish operator on roaming. Also on his 9800 he gets the BB icon beside the operator whereas i have only the wifi icon.

I have my dataplan off while roaming. It does not make any change if in the APN settings i input the blackberry.net or not!
    Is it possible that my carrier from Austria is not allowing me to connect over Wifi? why my brother can access BBM and i cant???

help needed...
    09-05-11 04:22 AM
    Under Mobile Network Options ensure that Data Services is ON but While Roaming is set to Off or Prompt.
    09-05-11 08:20 AM
    Under Mobile Network Options ensure that Data Services is ON but While Roaming is set to Off or Prompt.
    I always have the data service on and while roaming is off.
    Any other idea?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD