Okay, so I'm getting a little frustrated here and hopefully there is a solution.....

I'm trying to clear up my chats in BBM, I get a lot of messages but I get a few SMS as well and as you know in OS 5 they are integrated into BBM. When I try to close the chats that are SMS though, it gives me the alert to delete the entire SMS history.

This sucks big time, I'm one who keeps my SMS for a long time just incase I need to refer to a previous conversation for whatever reason. Does anyone know if there is a way to disable this or is this the "benefits" of OS 5?
    05-24-10 10:33 PM
    Do a search. This has been discussed and answered already, and quite recently at that. Good luck!
    So instead of being a smart***, how about you direct me to the threads you're talking about? Next time I make a thread I'll make sure to post the search I did beforehand ...

I did 3 searches and also the topics that came up when I entered the thread title offered no help in regards to what I'm talking about. Thanks to anyone who can offer any real help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 11:46 PM
    I don't think you can delete parts of an SMS thread. It's all or nothing i'm afraid (correct me if i'm wrong).
    05-24-10 11:49 PM
    Here's the answer your looking for http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/sm...r-chat-471440/

I did do a quick search too, I did "sms in bbm" The poster above could of answered it, but as you can see the thread I linked you to wasn't that far down on the search results, yours is obviously on top though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=27558928

As for removing a SMS chat from BBM. I don't have any chats in BBM, so I can't test this, but I know you can save BBM chat history. So you can try seeing if the chat is saved.

You could forward the chat to yourself too. But you would need to each text by itself, kind of a pain to me.

What I would do if it's that important to save your texts is make screenshots of your convo. Many apps will do this for you, both paid and free. Save them to a special folder you create.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 05-25-10 at 12:06 AM.
    05-24-10 11:54 PM
    ... I get a lot of messages but I get a few SMS as well and as you know in OS 5 they are integrated into BBM. ....

.... snip Does anyone know if there is a way to disable this or is this the "benefits" of OS 5?
    Your statement is incorrect.

SMS are not "integrated into BBM". SMS only show up in BBM if YOU link the contacts. Unlock your BlackBerry contacts from your BBM contacts and you won't see this.

So instead of being a smart***, how about you direct me to the threads you're talking about? Next time I make a thread I'll make sure to post the search I did beforehand to please unhelpful jerks like yourself.
    You might want to adjust your attitude if you want to get help on the forums.

As noted above, this issue has been discussed at length a bunch of times.
    05-25-10 06:41 AM
    I agree with the op. Tons of people these days are quick to pretend to be mod. But let's not forget that it is conversation and discussion that powers this website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD