I'm starting to get annoyed. Every time I remove my phone from the holster I have to wait several seconds while a BBM group opens and new messages are shown. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds or longer while I wait for the spinning arrow. How do I keep BBM from opening until I want it to open?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Altarocks; 03-02-11 at 12:44 PM.
    03-02-11 12:36 PM
    I have the Torch as a BB holster. Whenever I pull my Torch out of the holster, it always goes back to the app I was using just before I holstered it. I use BBM a lot but not the "group" feature. It strikes me the if you have a BBM group open when you holster your device, it is likely that BBM starts to do a group update for you as soon as you un-holster it. Probably the best way to solve this delay is to simply close BBM before holstering the device. Just a guess tho.
    03-02-11 12:45 PM
    BBM is running only in the background (you can never truly exit out of it). I usually close all apps that don't normally run in the background. Doesn't matter here - BBM isn't actively opened when I holster the phone, but it comes to the foreground when I open it.
    03-02-11 01:27 PM
    Damn that should not be! Can't see how groups could affect it this way?!@%$#!!

Really hate to fall back on that oft-repeated question but have you updated to the latest version of OS6? Many Torch owners on here are running 6.0.0.450. Last October, mine came with .246 and soon after that I upgraded to .337, and a few weeks back I upgraded OS6 for a second time to version .450, which is what I'm running right now.

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful.
    03-02-11 02:00 PM
    Thanks for trying. I'm running .448.

I see you're a Calgary resident - our conversation won't be so friendly tonight when the Flames come to town
    03-02-11 02:13 PM
    That happens to me too sometimes. Usually if I hit the lock button at the top of the phone that will prevent me from opening BBM or my text messages when I pull my phone out of the holster. Maybe try locking it first?
    03-02-11 03:23 PM
    Do you by chance have your convenience key set to BBM?

The only time ANY app should open when you unholster your device is if a new message was sent.

to turn this off:
    in messages hit the menu button, options, message display and actions
    change the auto open newest message...
    tbrenn likes this.
    03-02-11 03:50 PM
    I'm fairly certain I'm not accidentally hitting any buttons. My convenience key is set to camera. All my BBM groups are set to not integrate messages, and notification is also turned off.

It takes a second or so for the BBM chat to open - when I pull the phone from the holster the home screen appears for a second or so, then BBM opens. Can't tell if it opens to multiple groups, but it seems like it happens whenever a new message is posted. I'm in one very active group that usually has new messages every 30 sec. or so, so right now it always opens to that group.

Thanks for your thoughts - I'll keep working on it.
    03-02-11 05:03 PM
    Do you by chance have your convenience key set to BBM?

The only time ANY app should open when you unholster your device is if a new message was sent.

to turn this off:
    in messages hit the menu button, options, message display and actions
    change the auto open newest message...
    this worked for me.. i set it to 'never' and now nothing opens when i take my device out of the holster

Thanks (button = pressed)
    04-26-11 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD