With an open BBM conversation. I send a message to the RIM and the recipients phone is off and showing the clock next to the blue smiley face. My message of coarse shows a "D" next to the check mark (delivered). When they turn their phone back on...and read the message it shows the "R" next to the check mark of coarse (read). Now....if they shut their phone back off imediately after reading my message. Then the clock doesnt appear on my phone for that contact. it remains a clean or "open" smiley face...right? unless i send another message...correct? So in other words.....if I dont send another message...I dont know their phone is back off...because the clock doesnt appear next to the smiley face until I send that next message....correct? So it appears as if they are shutting their phone off when I send the next message but, in reality...it was already off...after the first message....make sense? Someone confirm please.....
    01-20-10 12:25 AM
    clock= message cannot be send now from your phone
    X= message not sent
    check= message sent
    D= message delivered
    R=Message read

if only a check apears, your message is now ''in the network'' and it's waiting the other phone that is out of network or just shut down
    01-20-10 12:29 AM
    please re read my post....more carefully. Your information is already known. thanks in advance.
    01-20-10 12:44 AM
    There is no way unless you send another message..if there phone is off or out of network it will just show the check mark..it will show the D if there phone is on and received the message...and what smiley faces are you talking about??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 01:31 AM
    but of coarse

"if they shut their phone back off imediately after reading my message. Then the clock doesnt appear on my phone for that contact. it remains a clean or "open" smiley face...right? unless i send another message...correct? So in other words.....if I dont send another message...I dont know their phone is back off...because the clock doesnt appear next to the smiley face until I send that next message....correct? "

that is correct. their phone couldve been off for hours. it may not reflect perfectly until you try to send them a new message. they still may appear to be online when in reality, they are not. i find that its not always accurate.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 01-20-10 at 04:36 AM.
    01-20-10 04:34 AM
    dictoresno.....thank u!! so I was right.
    you got it. you know your stuff.
    Hey, one other question. I had another symbol today next to the smiley face which I have never seen before...it looked like something was coming out of the mouth of the smiley face and the "status" said "unavailable" instead of "busy" like it does when the clock is next to the smiley face. Do you know what that is? I assume it was technical problem because of all the storms in cali and arizona right now? So aside from your answer to that.....

I assume this is the breakdown in total other than the above question?

smiley face "alone" = active
    3 swiggly lines in a ballon above the head of the smiley face = incoming message.
    red X next to the smiley face = receiving phone changed to "unavailable" by that person.
    clock next to smiley face = receiving phone is shut off or they are on a call.

check mark = send message
    check mark with a "D" = delivered
    check mark with a "R" = read

Did I miss anything?
    01-20-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD