so i've put in the pin #'s or email's and sent and rec'd messages.

network is through nextel/sprint.

people outside of the network do not receive my messages. people have to send me bbm requests. if i send one it doesn't go through.

once i've accepted: they can send messages all day long but my responses never go through.

is there a setting that has to be turned on?

does this make any sense?
    11-12-09 03:37 PM
    did you get it through work? there may be IT policies in place.
    11-12-09 04:31 PM
    yeah, got the phone through work.

i've asked the IT guy and he didn't say anything about policies or whatnot. he was too busy to look at it.

just wondering if you guys knew anything
    11-13-09 10:08 AM
    IT policy is the culprit I am guessing. Off hand dont remember what its called but it only lets those on that BES talk to one another
    11-13-09 10:10 AM
    so can i bypass it or does the IT guru have to mess with it?
    11-13-09 10:12 AM
    you can only remove it if you wipe your device to factory (to remove your connection to the BES and the IT policy) and start from scratch
    11-13-09 10:19 AM
    you can only remove it if you wipe your device to factory (to remove your connection to the BES and the IT policy) and start from scratch
    Which if it is a work device and you remove it from the BES they will know it is off the BES and can get you FIRED! Talk to your IT guy there is no way to fix this with out him. Ask if he can create a blank IT Policy and send it to your device. My guess is that he will not jeopardize his job for this.
    11-13-09 10:23 AM
    super, this should be interesting
    11-13-09 10:35 AM
    super, this should be interesting
    And if your IT guy isn't the BES admin he can not help you. Be very careful how you proceed.
    11-13-09 10:37 AM
    IT policies are put in place to keep work devices and materials (documents etc) kept private for the company. If he was to push a blank IT policy to your device for you to be able to use BBM your device would now be unsecured and you could send work related information and documents through BBM. As an IT Guy for my company there would be absolutely no way that I would allow that to happen.
    I would tell you if you want to use BBM with your friends to get another blackberry and add them there yourself. Protects you and your company.
    11-13-09 10:40 AM
    IT policies are put in place to keep work devices and materials (documents etc) kept private for the company. If he was to push a blank IT policy to your device for you to be able to use BBM your device would now be unsecured and you could send work related information and documents through BBM. As an IT Guy for my company there would be absolutely no way that I would allow that to happen.
    I would tell you if you want to use BBM with your friends to get another blackberry and add them there yourself. Protects you and your company.
    Yes very true, but a blank IT policy is very possible. I said proceed with caution because of what could happen next!
    11-13-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD