Here's my question about BBM and will greatly appreciate accurate answers to my question...

If someone else is talking on their phone (the Torch w/ ATT) while I send them a BBM message with my phone (the Bold w/ Sprint)...should it show a 'D' with a check mark on my BBM next to the message I sent them?

Someone had told me if I send a BBM message to another person while they are talking on the phone; it only shows up w/ a "Check mark" on my end without the "D" or "R".....is that true?
    09-09-11 04:48 AM
    For the most part yes...it signifies that it hasn't been deliverd yet.
    09-09-11 04:50 AM
    Normally it should send a D upon delivery to their device, showing that it has been sent. I think when a tick is just present it means that the message has left your phone and is up in the clouds somewhere waiting to be delivered to the recipients phone.

If the person who you are sending the message to is on the phone then I have found that it dosn't deliver the message and just hangs around until they are off the phone.

However there have been times where the message has been sent to a bbm contact and no D or R has been show but they have still replied back and read it.
    09-09-11 04:55 AM
    I understand that of course; seeing as how it's just the 'Check mark' and has no 'D' or 'R' beside it...but what I'm asking is; when someone is talking on their phone and I send them a BBM; on my end will it just show as a 'Check mark'?

Basically; can someone test it for me...send someone a BBM message while they are talking on the phone and see if the message shows as just a 'Check mark' with no 'D' or 'R' on your end.
    09-09-11 04:58 AM
    if you actually run ur trackpad over the text you will see it said sent at so and so time or recieved at so and so time
    09-09-11 05:02 AM
    I understand that of course; seeing as how it's just the 'Check mark' and has no 'D' or 'R' beside it...but what I'm asking is; when someone is talking on their phone and I send them a BBM; on my end will it just show as a 'Check mark'?

Basically; can someone test it for me...send someone a BBM message while they are talking on the phone and see if the message shows as just a 'Check mark' with no 'D' or 'R' on your end.
    if the other person is on a 3g network then there's no problem in getting the message delivered even if he/she speaks on the phone. on 2g there is another story, you can't use data and talk on the same time. so, if one is on the phone while on 2g coverage, the message will be deliver after the conversation is over.
    this can be a little extended to the device itself too, there are blackberry models ( curve 8520 as we have it in europe) that is 2g only. in this case, the rule no data while talking is always true, since the phone will be on 2g all the time.
    Last edited by balenax; 09-09-11 at 05:09 AM.
    simsim likes this.
    09-09-11 05:06 AM
    thanks a bunch @balenax
    09-09-11 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD