View Poll Results: is the BBM one of your Main Reasons buying a blackberry ?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Bought BB JUST for BBM

19 12.93%
  • I Find BBM is a mind Reason for me

28 19.05%
  • i don't Find BBM a main Reason ... but i like this app

80 54.42%
  • BBM is Usless ..

20 13.61%
10-17-11 11:18 AM
70 123
tools
    Live Profile does all that and it's cross platform. BBM is useless unless you have friends and family using a Blackberry. I have none left. All iPhone and Androids and we all use Live Profile .

But I still send pics using email instead of LP. Always have and always will.

I don't play games or share music or locations. My phone isn't a toy.
    No it can't, no groups, no shared picture folder, no lists folder, no shared calendar, no voice notes conversation as with bbm. Sharing location is very handy, why type a message to my wife to tell her how long before I get home etc when I can simply send my location. I also use it for business when I do an urgent delivery.

But yes, you're right, if you have nobody to use it with it's no good but it's way better then any other I M client out there, none come even close to its functions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 01:05 PM
    Why send your location manually when you can have Google Latitude do it for you?

Dropbox for filing sharing. Skype for video calling. You can send voice clips using LP, but that's old fashioned. I'd rather use Skype.

BBM would be ok if it were cross platform. That's its main drawback. And it is a major one.

Even if I went back to BB I would still choose to use a cross platform IM client.
    10-16-11 01:17 PM
    i been using blackberry for a while now and yes one reason i bought a blackberry is bbm... most friends, family and co-workers all have blackberry and bbm and i find it that its one of the easiest and most convenient way to contact them and i am very comfortable in using a blackberry.. yes it does lack some stuff and wish i had more fun friendly apps and games but its something i can live with...
    10-16-11 01:50 PM
    Why send your location manually when you can have Google Latitude do it for you?

Dropbox for filing sharing. Skype for video calling. You can send voice clips using LP, but that's old fashioned. I'd rather use Skype.

BBM would be ok if it were cross platform. That's its main drawback. And it is a major one.

Even if I went back to BB I would still choose to use a cross platform IM client.
    You're going back to the same point, you have to use many apps to do the job of one, BBM

Sending voicenotes trough BBM is different, after you listen to one you get the option to reply, you record it and send yours, then the other person gets the option to reply and you never leave the bbm conversation at any point, they are all in the same conversatio, same as the pics, files, videos, text bbms etc, all into one conversation.

Latitude? No thank you, I don't want to share my location with Google.

10-16-11 01:54 PM
    Can you change the font size and get rid of the bubble in Live Profile? Same thing in iMessenger on iOS, I need my fonts big and striped or divided instead of bubbles. One reason why I love Handcent SMS on Android.
    10-16-11 02:40 PM
    Can you change the font size and get rid of the bubble in Live Profile? Same thing in iMessenger on iOS, I need my fonts big and striped or divided instead of bubbles. One reason why I love Handcent SMS on Android.
    The Android Live Profile allows for font size changes. The Blackberry LP app doesn't have that feature. Unfortunately, another example of Android apps having more features. Ugh.
    10-16-11 02:48 PM
    The Android Live Profile allows for font size changes. The Blackberry LP app doesn't have that feature. Unfortunately, another example of Android apps having more features. Ugh.
    Actually:

"
    Whats New in LiveProfile for BlackBerry v1.0.20

Connectivity fixes
    Ability to change font size
    Fixed bug with reset password popup not being visible
    Faster app startup
    Improved user profile photo uploads
    LiveProfile for BlackBerry v1.0.21 is expected in a few hours with even more"

10-16-11 02:58 PM
    Actually:

"
    Whats New in LiveProfile for BlackBerry v1.0.20

Connectivity fixes
    Ability to change font size
    Fixed bug with reset password popup not being visible
    Faster app startup
    Improved user profile photo uploads
    LiveProfile for BlackBerry v1.0.21 is expected in a few hours with even more"

THAT'S GREAT NEWS! Whoops. Caps. Good, because I'll be using LP on my 9930!
    10-16-11 03:00 PM
    THAT'S GREAT NEWS! Whoops. Caps. Good, because I'll be using LP on my 9930!
    So you're buying one after all? Cool. You can make a good platform comparison as you had a decent run with android.

10-16-11 03:05 PM
    Most likely. I'm waiting to see some of the new Androids. But, I'm a BlackBerry girl.
    10-16-11 03:10 PM
    I like having BBM, but I find my number of friends is dwindling. So many are abandoning BB. I like BB for so many reasons aside from BBM. I love the push email, the native apps and RIM apps, I love playing around with operating systems, and maximizing efficiency. So many reasons to love BB <3
    10-16-11 03:13 PM
    If RIM did not invite or have BBM then I probably wouldn't own a Blackberry. The keyboard is another strong point but its not a good enough reason for me to keep it. For me, the keyboard enourages texting but without BBM whats the point.
    10-16-11 04:21 PM
    I'v been using blackberry since the 8330. I just liked the simple keyboard. I'm a texter that more/less is all I do on my phone (before FB and twitter and apps got big for berry). I found BBM really blew up around 2006-2007. People picked up on it and ya. NOW! in 2011 ... i'm sure 94% of my friends signed with berry because of the BBM seen. I'm in Canada, NS
    10-16-11 04:59 PM
    i never use bbm, i wish more people i know had bb but no one does. either iPhones for android devices. i use it for strictly business use, emails calendar keyboard. but i have never bought a bb for bbm.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    10-16-11 05:01 PM
    BBM is a nice application but not the reason I bought the phone.

In order:

- Keyboard
    - Alert profiles (phone call only, normal, personalized alerts)
    - A unified message center (Message area which has emails, sms, bbm, and other information to action)

Everything else was gravy that came with BBM.
    10-16-11 08:48 PM
    I have used BBM only sparingly until the last couple of months. For me, the Group feature is a useful tool for adding contacts in BB Music, particularly if I'm looking for a certain type of music. If I keep BB Music after it goes live (a BIG if at this point) then BBM will continue to be useful. If not, it goes back to the category (for me) of nice, but not a big factor.
    10-16-11 10:07 PM
    one of the main apps but not the only reason
    secure instant email n fixed monthly costs main reasons
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    10-17-11 07:12 AM
    I shrunk BBM right out of my OS folder, so it's not even installed. I have no friends or work associates that use BBM, so for me it's useless. Several still have a BB, but don't use BBM at all. Mostly Android and iPhone people now in my circles....
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    10-17-11 10:34 AM
    Not the main reason, no. Just a HUGE added bonus
    10-17-11 10:36 AM
    BBM? No. Don't use it at all.

My wife and I played with it a bit when we both had our Pearl 8100's. But it wasn't the reason we got them. Now, she has an iPhone, so we have plain ol' SMS. Even that is only on occasion. Mostly, we still actually call each other and talk.

Being able to talk to each other was the initial reason we got cellphones back in '97 - starting with a couple Motorolas, then a couple of Nokias, then a couple Motorola flip phones before getting the Pearls in early '07. We just wanted to get real smartphones, and I wanted access to both work and home email.

10-17-11 11:18 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD