I have the latest BBM (5.0.0.57) and a friend of mine has an older version (4. something). This friend cannot see my correct status (for eg. even if I set it to busy she sees me as available) nor my display pic. Is this the case for everyone who communicates with contacts of older versions?
    01-21-10 11:07 AM
    yes the different versions don't play nice with each other. Why wouldn't your friend want the newer messenger?
    01-21-10 11:16 AM
    i would think the status would be visable...but the pics certainly can not be seen from versions older than 5.0
    01-21-10 12:38 PM
    I would think that RIM would want users to update to the latest version of BBM... it's less buggy and less of a resource hog.
    01-21-10 01:05 PM
    I would think that RIM would want users to update to the latest version of BBM... it's less buggy and less of a resource hog.
    Agreed I think RIM wants everyone to use the latest version of BBM that their phone supports at the least,better if that is the very latest one .

...but of course that's up to the "users" themselves ,lol
    01-21-10 01:57 PM
    I upgraded earlier this week and I thought 5.0 was a memory drain. My bold 9000 is usually very stable, but once I upgraded and added a few groups, by lunchtime quickpull was asking me if I wanted to reboot due to low memory. I never had that before, and didn't install anything at the same time as bbm5, so I am looking at that as the culprit.

I'm sure there is an answer here on cb; I was planning on poking around later this weekend. BTW, the 5.0 version I downloaded was from BB App world; should I be looking for a better version elsewhere?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 03:51 PM
    Amm John this isn't the thread for version 5 complaints....Anyway, apart from msg delays at times, I don't have any probs with it. My friend just tends to not like it but that's her business...

01-21-10 04:17 PM
    Amm John this isn't the thread for version 5 complaints....Anyway, apart from msg delays at times, I don't have any probs with it. My friend just tends to not like it but that's her business...

A thousand pardons...how dare I?

Wasn't complaining really, just giving personal opinion on the comment that version 5 was less of a resource hog.

01-21-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD