I have just received broadcast message telling that Official BBM 5.0.3.22 is out now. Although it still hasn't showed (still 5.0.2.12) on download page, but the front page says version 5.0.3. Give it a time.

Using your BB browser, go to BlackBerry Messenger or do an update through App World.

Here are changes in this version:

* Support for Hindi and Vietnamese
    * Simplified sending of pictures and voice notes
    * More user-friendly wording and organization in menus
    * Support for a simpler, one line view of contact list
    * Support for both deleting an unsent chat message (Shift-Del) and escaping out of a chat while retaining an unsent chat message (Escape button)
    Last edited by fusioncal; 05-02-11 at 10:39 PM.
    05-02-11 06:07 AM
    ... I became aware of this some minutes ago and was able to install the update on my devices.

Daniel
    05-02-11 09:38 AM
    what's new in this update?
    05-02-11 10:38 AM
    what's new in this update?
    Betazone members testing BBM 5.0.3 should be able to answer that straight away.
    05-02-11 11:09 AM
    i believe this update allows Bridged BBM on playbooks, can anyone confirm?
    05-02-11 01:35 PM
    Just finish download it via App World. Didn't notice something new. Will inform when notice...
    05-02-11 02:14 PM
    im confirming it, this is needed for bbm on the playbook, as well as the updated bridge app
    05-02-11 03:12 PM
    I still can't access the download page. It says that there's no sufficient network coverage, strangely I can open crackberry.com.
    05-02-11 10:41 PM
    I just went into AppWorld and it showed an update available to this new version. DL'ing now.
    05-03-11 10:27 AM
    Any bugs in this version? Or can I safely upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 11:13 AM
    It works fine for me. Didn't notice much of a change, except messages from people with odd symbols in their display names stopped being partially hidden in the chats menu.
    05-03-11 04:27 PM
    Is anyone experiencing troubles delivering the messages?? My messages are not sent since I updated to this version, and I had heard some complains about it. Anyone knows how to downgrade??

Update:

I restored BBM through BBM Desktop to an earlier backup and it seems to work fine
    Last edited by zotoro; 05-04-11 at 08:35 AM.
    05-04-11 08:24 AM
    Does anyone noticed the heavy memory leaks with this on 9700 ?
    05-06-11 03:28 AM
    Hi,

I downloaded the new version of BBM 5.0.3.22 on my Tour 9630. When I open the BBM and press any key to search the messenger contacts, I get taken to the recent updates and no letter comes up in the Find: field. Anyone experiencing similar problems?
    05-08-11 07:24 PM
    I would like to inform you that the new version of bbm i.e. 5.0.3.22 is having a bug.
    On BBM when i try to change my profile picture,I am not able to view the pictures that are on ma memory card. But at d same time the pictures of the memory card are shown in media gallery of my phone. My os version is 6.0.0.480.

Kindly assist me on resolving the issue..

05-25-11 10:09 PM
    i also upgraded mine to 5.0.3.22. problem now is that the bbm group notification icon is similar for my 3 groups. i used to get different icons for each group before. is it just me? i still have BB 5.0 though.

can i downgrade to the older version? thanks!
    05-30-11 01:01 AM
    I would like to inform you that the new version of bbm i.e. 5.0.3.22 is having a bug.
    On BBM when i try to change my profile picture,I am not able to view the pictures that are on ma memory card. But at d same time the pictures of the memory card are shown in media gallery of my phone. My os version is 6.0.0.480.

Kindly assist me on resolving the issue..

Is it a certain folder? It happened to me as well. I was not able to change my profile picture from Camera gallery. What I did was cut and paste the picture to a folder you are able to view. Then change your picture. Afterward, cut and paste back to original folder. You should be able to view the folder via BBM change profile picture option now.

Hope it helps.

i also upgraded mine to 5.0.3.22. problem now is that the bbm group notification icon is similar for my 3 groups. i used to get different icons for each group before. is it just me? i still have BB 5.0 though.

can i downgrade to the older version? thanks!
    I think it's been that way since 5.0.2? Can others confirm?
    05-31-11 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD