Ok... So I find this really quite annoying. I hope someone will be able to help with the issue. I have a Tour running BBM 5.0.0. Back in the day, you could basically continue the chat for as long as you would like, as long as you didnt end chat all communication would remain. This is no longer true. It seems like now the chat log is limited. My question, is can I extend this? Is there a setting I have to correct?

I lost some directions and a phone number I need - Can I get that back as well?

Thanks.
    04-24-10 07:24 AM
    turn on message history in the options. the downside with that is that if the person gets a new PIN or you remove them from your contact list then you cant see the history anymore unless you look at the file through a computer.
    04-24-10 07:36 AM
    This was today. So I figure it was gone. I went exploring and found the memory option shortly before I posted. I was curious if that was for the messages or if it actually gave a "Save Chat" option. Woops!

How would you go about viewing the file on your computer. I cant seem to access anything from my backups except with the Desktop program.
    04-24-10 07:40 AM
    if youre saving to your media card you can enable mass media mode so it shows up as an external drive when you plug it into your computer. depending on what model of phone you have, it may show the actual phone memory as an external drive as well. i know that it worked that way for the 9000 but when i got a 9700 that option went away since it doesnt have separate on board memory. the files are stored in BlackBerry > im > BlackBerry Messenger > your PIN > history. theyre sorted by your contacts PINs so its kind of hard to look through. theyre all .csv files that you can open in excel but its difficult to understand the time stamps since theyre in unix time code.
    04-27-10 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD