My storm shows that I have a new BBM message all the time now since I upgraded to 5.0.0.52, and I can't get rid of it...any suggestions?
    12-09-09 11:39 AM
    My storm shows that I have a new BBM message all the time now since I upgraded to 5.0.0.52, and I can't get rid of it...any suggestions?
    I had the same thing. I deleted BBM to get rid of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:43 AM
    I was afraid of that lol.
    12-09-09 01:50 PM
    we talking icon or blinking light?
    12-09-09 01:55 PM
    The icon...
    12-09-09 02:02 PM
    I have not had any issues with my storm I upgraded lastnight

12-09-09 02:09 PM
    I haven't had this issue either, did you try a battery pull already?
    12-09-09 02:34 PM
    hmm, do you have BBM conversations set to show up in the 'messages' folder perhaps? if you do have you checked there? Do you have any groups perhaps?
    12-09-09 02:54 PM
    Where's the upgrade? I googgled it but I pulled up .33. Please don't tell me I need app wod to get it!

12-09-09 02:55 PM
    Make sure you check and clear status updates too, I believe they cause a "new message" icon to show up. I actually turned them off because I don't need to know every new song someone is listening to.

Another thing to try, although it's kind of a pain. Pull your battery out and leave it out for 5-10 minutes then put it back in. When I can't get rid of message icons (it's rather infrequent on my end) I leave the battery out for a bit and it generally fixes it.

Hope that helps!
    12-09-09 02:57 PM
    I've done battery pulls, no I don't have any BB groups notifications (I don't even have any BB groups - they're too annoying)...I think I'm gonna have to do the drastic...
    12-09-09 04:17 PM
    It's not a group specific notification. You can actually update your status in BBM (much like you can in FB). There's a small bar that shows up above the "chats" field that would display it with a red star, or if you've added an SMS contact to BBM that could cause it too (it has for me anyway).
    12-09-09 04:36 PM
    Lol let's put it this way...I have no legitimate outstanding notifications. This is a glitch. I have absolutely no unread messages of any kind.
    12-09-09 04:50 PM
    It's not a group specific notification. You can actually update your status in BBM (much like you can in FB). There's a small bar that shows up above the "chats" field that would display it with a red star, or if you've added an SMS contact to BBM that could cause it too (it has for me anyway).
    none of that gives you the BBM message notification like emails or SMS does.
    12-09-09 04:52 PM
    I apologize, I misunderstood.
    12-09-09 05:29 PM
    i have the same problem
    12-15-09 02:31 PM
    Exact same problem after I upgraded to BBM 5.0.0.57 on my Curve 8330. What gives? I have no pending messages or updates. It's quite annoying.
    12-23-09 12:21 PM
    Delete and reinstall. Make sure to backup your BBM contacts to your memory card or by using your email.
    12-23-09 12:43 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Eliminate all ignored contacts in your BBM contact list with open BBM application, click BB menu, select OPTIONS search ignored Contacts, then click EDIT, tick all PIN contacts and click OK.
    (Note: For those who never ignore the contact, you will not see the option, skip this step).

2. After that, press ALT LGLG, then CLEAR LOG, then answer YES.
    Then turn off and unplug your BlackBerry handheld battery, remove your sim card.After that reinstall your battery without the sim card.
    Let your BlackBerry Handheld restart without sim card.Then go to the BlackBerry Messenger application, youll see whats causing BBM messenger notification.

3. Once again, restart your BlackBerry, turn off your BlackBerry handheld.
    Disconnect the battery again. Reinstall the sim card and reinstall the batteries.
    10-13-10 07:38 AM
    zoombie thread ! lol
    10-13-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD