Hello,
    I just updated my OS to the new .680 and now I am not getting any notifications for my BBM. Is there anything I can do to get notifications back? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 02:56 AM
    I didn't upgrade and will not upgrade to eastasian releases. They have to be north american as this device is such.

I suggest you downgrade back to the previous release. If you didn't have any issues, then that's what you got to do.

05-31-10 04:03 AM
    Hello,
    I just updated my OS to the new .680 and now I am not getting any notifications for my BBM. Is there anything I can do to get notifications back? Thanks!

Hi there, did you check your *Ringtones and Alerts* to see that the alert for BBM is still there. An OS upgrade sometimes does not re-install user defined options properly.

05-31-10 08:50 AM
    I didn't upgrade and will not upgrade to eastasian releases. They have to be north american as this device is such.

I suggest you downgrade back to the previous release. If you didn't have any issues, then that's what you got to do.

I am not sure what you mean by "this device is such". This device is the same universally and works the same worldwide. You maybe hesitant to upgrade to non-provider released upgrade and that of course is your choice.

05-31-10 08:54 AM

umm, no they don't.
    05-31-10 09:04 AM
    By default, BBM notification sound level set to 0... I don't know why also

- Charles

Hello,

05-31-10 10:15 AM
    hmmm ya sorry there bud, but a 9700 is a 9700 regardless of which country it is from... Same with the OS. The only differences between say a AT&T OS and a Hutchinson OS, is languages, and maybe a couple apps AT&T wants pre-install that Hutchinson doesnt... thats it...
    05-31-10 10:26 AM
    Hi there, did you check your *Ringtones and Alerts* to see that the alert for BBM is still there. An OS upgrade sometimes does not re-install user defined options properly.

You may also want to check your sounds profiles.

05-31-10 10:34 AM
    I got my notification back. Thank you guys for being so helpful!
    05-31-10 01:39 PM
    Glad it worked out for you. I find the .680 to be a good solid OS.

05-31-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD