Hi guys, im using blackberry 3G 9300 curve. back from india and my bbm messenger use to work really well under wifi.. some couple of weeks back have got the new sim card form AT&T and have switched the card. that i have done with the help of the representative in the go phone retail store.

but from the moment i have actually switched my india sim card with the go phone sim card .. im still not able to use the bbm messenger over wifi.. The dataplan allows me to access internet.. but not the messenger... i tried different combination of settings.. but still no luck...

The only thing that i can think about is. that while switching the sim card the go phone representative has bar code scanned by phone and have regestered it with the carrier....

It would be great if someone help me out in providing the settings in turnig on the bbm messenger over wifi ...
    01-30-12 11:45 AM
    last i knew BBM was only available through BIS/BES not wifi?
    01-30-12 03:27 PM
    BBM will work over wifi, but you NEED to have a BlackBerry Data Plan. I'm not sure that's possible with a ATT Go Phone SIM...
    01-30-12 03:30 PM
    AT&T does not offer BlackBerry Data on GoPhone SIMs.
    01-30-12 05:18 PM
    This is sad.... i think it would be better if i switch to Tmobile... does Tmobile has that service.... ?? I think my BIS service is been disabled at the time of registration process... just has to be re enabled....

if not Tmobile .. does anyone knw which carrier shoudl be used to enable this service...
    01-31-12 11:49 AM
    TMobile does offer BlackBerry Data on prepaid. You might have to have a minimal level phone service plan, however.

You will not, however, get 3G on an AT&T device on TMobile. EDGE only.
    01-31-12 05:13 PM
    Thanks for the suggession "Switchbeach" have finally bot my sim of tmobile and got my bbm service activated... the customer care representative suggeted me some settings on call.

They have got my settings reversed and opening the RIM service to my phone..

Now here's the best part... when i deactivated my mobile service network.. and now when im using the mobile under wifi.. im able to access the blackberry messenger ....

this clearly indicates that when you get the new sim card.. for blackberry.. DO NOT VISIT THE STORE AND ALLOW THE REPRESENTATIVE TO SCAN YOU PHONE BARCODE this will reverse you settings and your RIM service would be blocked once again
    02-06-12 03:56 PM
    actually u can use it via wifi without a data plan.
    04-26-13 07:13 AM
    please tell us..
    04-30-13 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD