Hello, recently I had my cousin flash a sprint blackberry curve to be able to work with the metropcs network. Now everything works fine, the calling, the texting, the internet browser, the picture messaging... the only thing I can not seem to get to work is the bbm. The only reason I got a blackberry to begin with was for the bbm. Is there a way where I can get bbm to work, remember it is the only thing not working, I doubt it is a service problem.
    01-24-10 07:58 PM
    in order to use bbm I think you would have to be connected to a BIS or BES server and I know I read they offered this for an additional charge but I cant seem to find the article might want to call them and ask them about it
    01-24-10 08:04 PM
    This type of flash is not exactly illegal, but I am pretty sure that MetroPCS would find something wrong with what I have done. To their knowledge a flash only allows calling and texting to be unlocked, not internet and picture messaging, so I am shaky about calling them.
    01-24-10 08:07 PM
    I believe metro does there own flashing too, its advertised on there website....i think, but the only way for bbm to work is if it goes through rims servers and that my friend might just require a call....
    01-24-10 08:09 PM
    ** The BlackBerry requires the $60 BlackBerry plan. direct from metros website
    01-24-10 08:25 PM
    I have Blackberry Curve 8530 ( from Sprint )
    the problem is no BBM
    so I ended up with No BBM at all how get it
    when I tried to call them and ask them to get the Blackberry service ( the 60 plan for blackberry ) they said it's registered as houdini phone and we can not change it for you

so I'm asking you guys if you could change it for me
    04-15-10 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD