welll i have this problem which only ocurred like a week ago... my bbm wont switch to My personal WiFi like it use to and therefore it is annoyingly! slow and lose coverage frequently! pleasseeeeeeeee help me
    10-05-11 11:36 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

welll i have this problem which only ocurred like a week ago... my bbm wont switch to My personal WiFi like it use to and therefore it is annoyingly! slow and lose coverage frequently! pleasseeeeeeeee help me
    Would you please clarify a little?

BBM won't be switching or not switching to Wi-Fi just on its own. When you switch to Wi-Fi, all data services are using Wi-Fi, including BBM, email, Browser, etc.
    So is your BB still connecting to Wi-Fi?

Did something happen/change possibly to cause your issue?
    Did you switch devices, switch data plans, upgrade your OS, update your BBM version, switch or reset your router, etc?
    10-05-11 12:16 PM
    errmm i know but the little simbol of bbm on the 3g signal use to switch to the wifi and made everything faster on bbm but not it simply wont switch and it says that "VPN profile not found" and "blackberry infrastructure, connecting *X*" this is when i go to see the details on my WIFI option
    10-05-11 12:55 PM
    errmm i know but the little simbol of bbm on the 3g signal use to switch to the wifi and made everything faster on bbm but not it simply wont switch and it says that "VPN profile not found" and "blackberry infrastructure, connecting *X*" this is when i go to see the details on my WIFI option
    Okay I think I get what you mean.

As I'm sure you know, BBM is BlackBerry Messenger.
    That symbol has nothing to do with BBM, per se.

That little BB logo on the Home Screen will appear beside either the "3G" if you're using wireless, or the Wi-Fi symbol if you're on Wi-Fi.
    Another indicator that you're connected to Wi-Fi is that at least some portion of Wi-Fi logo is white. If Wi-Fi is on but not connected, the Wi-Fi logo will be all grey.

Have you tried a simple battery pull yet? If not do so now: With the BB fully powered on, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, them replace the battery to initiate a reboot.

If that doesn't work, I'd say delete your current Wi-Fi profile for your router in your BB, exit out, then go back and re-add the Wi-Fi device again.
    10-05-11 01:51 PM
    site:forums.crackberry.com bbm not working - Google Search

Multiple threads found. Likely a BIS issue, try a battery pull, try toggling data services off and on in mobile network options (options, type in Mobile Network, select Mobile Network, select Data Services, turn it off, wait a few seconds, turn it on), try resending servicebooks, try re-registering via the Host Routing Table (options, type in Host Routing Table, then select it, hit BB menu > Register Now).
    Edit: If you STILL cannot fix anything, call your carrier and have them diagnose things on their end, it could be an outage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 03:18 PM
    Not multiple threads, as this thread is improperly titled.

Well, there would be multiple threads I'm sure, based on an accurate title, like "Wi-Fi not connecting" or similar.
    10-05-11 04:05 PM
    see, i have tried all of that and still nothing, if i leave WiFi on By itself Without The Mobile NEtwork on, BBM will simply not work, no messages, no status change, nothing.
    10-06-11 12:30 PM
    see, i have tried all of that and still nothing, if i leave WiFi on By itself Without The Mobile NEtwork on, BBM will simply not work, no messages, no status change, nothing.
    Have you tried it on a different wireless router? Likely you don't have any wifi servicebooks, your carrier likely is restricting it.

10-06-11 05:31 PM
    Have you tried it on a different wireless router? Likely you don't have any wifi servicebooks, your carrier likely is restricting it.
    Have you ever heard of a carrier restricting Wi-Fi, Brian?
    10-06-11 09:49 PM
    Have you ever heard of a carrier restricting Wi-Fi, Brian?
    Social plans tend to. WINDmobile did, then they changed it around and removed the restriction after many complaints. So yes, it has happened.

10-06-11 10:04 PM
    Just to double-check:

1. Are you on a BlackBerry-specific data plan?

2. Are you on BIS or BES service?

So you have a 9700, right? Did Wi-Fi work for you previously? If so, how long ago since it stopped working?
    10-07-11 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD