I encounter a problem when i changed the os from 5.0.0.862 to 5.0.0.938
    I can't see the pictures of my contacts on the bbm.
    I use 5.0.1.38 messenger.
    Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
    Thanks
    Last edited by bog; 09-21-10 at 10:12 AM.
    09-21-10 10:04 AM
    There must be problems going on with BBM on Blackberries end...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bbm-problem-531434/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/cann...ar-bbm-531231/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 10:06 AM
    I've had that happen after a few updates. In my experience, they seem to reappear after an hour or two on their own.
    09-21-10 10:06 AM
    So i am going to wait!
    09-21-10 10:12 AM
    So i am going to wait!
    send some of your contacts a message. might be all in my head, but that seems to prompt the avatars to come back.
    09-21-10 10:14 AM
    I encounter a problem when i changed the os from 5.0.0.862 to 5.0.0.938
    I can't see the pictures of my contacts on the bbm.
    I use 5.0.1.38 messenger.
    Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
    Thanks
    Uninstall and re-install bbmessenger. Worked perfectly for all others with the same issue

There have been loads of reports regarding this same issue over the past 3 days now n from what i gather, it seems to be happening a lot in the UK and Africa. Haven't heard a single case in North America(at least not amongst one of my 70+ contatcs in that region-possibly cos they all have the most up-to-date bbm version)

I doubt that it has anything to with ur OS upgrade
    Last edited by shupor; 09-21-10 at 01:00 PM.
    09-21-10 10:59 AM
    Uninstall and re-install bbmessenger. Worked perfectly for all others with the same issue

There have been loads of reports regarding this same issue over the past 3 days now n from what i gather, it seems to be happening a lot in the UK and Africa. Haven't heard a single case in North America.

I doubt that it has anything to with ur OS upgrade
    You don't need to reinstall BBM. It happens in North America, you've heard in this thread.
    09-21-10 11:05 AM
    plkcable, could you please make one of the thousand threads that have been posted about this issue in the past month a sticky? It would really benefit those who don't search, if they even look at the forum front page at all.
    A mod has to make it a sticky. If you could post some links to other threads, and I'll contact yester and/or PK and suggest it.
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-21-10 at 12:19 PM. Reason: misunderstood kjd's post
    09-21-10 12:02 PM
    I'm sorry. I meant a mod, as you have stated, and I didn't mean that you had posted yada, yada, yada. There have been so many threads started about this in the past month, and are easily searchable, therefore a sticky of one of the shortest threads would be best sought after.

Why is everyone so damed defensive? It was a suggestion, not a FLAME.
    Oh, then I misinterpreted what you were saying. I have had this problem under OS5 too. It is not a new issue, it is not limited to UK and Africa like that other noob suggested.

I'll edit my prior post. Apologies.
    09-21-10 12:17 PM
    I'm reinstalling BBM let's see....

I have this problem and I live in Dubai (Middle East)
    09-21-10 12:19 PM
    I'm reinstalling BBM let's see....

I have this problem and I live in Dubai (Middle East)
    Matrix, just in case you didnt realized yet, OP has 9700 which has issue and you dont. You have 9000 and hence even if you have problem its a different one and not related.

:-)
    09-21-10 01:33 PM
    After I installed .938, I noticed it installed an older version of BBM, and all of my stuff (sans contact list) was gone. Pictures, history, etc. I just re-installed the latest version of BBM from the app world, and everything magically started working for me again. Perhaps a fluke, but a lucky one nonetheless.
    09-21-10 01:51 PM
    After I installed .938, I noticed it installed an older version of BBM, and all of my stuff (sans contact list) was gone. Pictures, history, etc. I just re-installed the latest version of BBM from the app world, and everything magically started working for me again. Perhaps a fluke, but a lucky one nonetheless.
    5.0.1.38 is funny like that. Hopefully the new beta version fixes all of this. May have to install it and find out.
    09-21-10 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD