Hello, this is my first post at Crackberry.com. I have done a quick search for an answer on here after failing for to find one on google.

My friends have been sending me bbms but I don't always recieve them.

Also, tonight I recieved a bbm from my friend John, however it came up in a bbm conversation I had with a friend Rebecca. Very confusing.

I have updated bbm but this has not helped. I cannot find how to delete bbm to allow me to reinstall it.

Can anybody tell me how to solve this issue?
    01-29-11 05:48 PM
    Hello, this is my first post at Crackberry.com. I have done a quick search for an answer on here after failing for to find one on google.

My friends have been sending me bbms but I don't always recieve them.

Also, tonight I recieved a bbm from my friend John, however it came up in a bbm conversation I had with a friend Rebecca. Very confusing.

I have updated bbm but this has not helped. I cannot find how to delete bbm to allow me to reinstall it.

Can anybody tell me how to solve this issue?
    hi CaptainCow, welcome to CB!
    Ok, before you go through un-installing and re-installing bbm, lets start with the simplest thing that may solve your issue.

with your bb powered on, pull the battery out for about 1 minute. replace the battery and let your bb boot back up.

this may correct your issue. most of the time, if you have an issue with a bb, a battery pull may resolve the issue. BUT this is not always the case.

so try the batt pull and see if that helps. hopefully it will
    CaptainCow likes this.
    01-29-11 09:12 PM
    Are John and Rebecca mutual friends?
    was John added to the conversation?
    You are able to have an open chat room style chat with multiple contacts.
    This is might be whats happening
    CaptainCow likes this.
    01-29-11 09:13 PM
    Are John and Rebecca mutual friends?
    was John added to the conversation?
    You are able to have an open chat room style chat with multiple contacts.
    This is might be whats happening
    Fubaz, I thought of this too but the OP didnt mention a multi-chat so i didnt suggest it. this could be whats happening though.
    01-29-11 09:24 PM
    Fubaz, I thought of this too but the OP didnt mention a multi-chat so i didnt suggest it. this could be whats happening though.

Ive done it by accident before, so i figured I would mention it..

at the OP... I would also delete all open conversations and see what happens!
    01-29-11 09:33 PM
    Ive done it by accident before, so i figured I would mention it..
    absolutely! good call.
    01-29-11 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses

I have already tried a battery pull, I forgot to mention this in my initial post.

I haven't created a multiple person chat in the bbm. A message from one person was curiously received in another's chat.

I have also deleted all the conversations and had them reopened. I tested this with my flatmate and it appeared to work but then last night the conversations got mixed up again and several messages weren't delivered.
    01-30-11 04:34 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses

I have already tried a battery pull, I forgot to mention this in my initial post.

I haven't created a multiple person chat in the bbm. A message from one person was curiously received in another's chat.

I have also deleted all the conversations and had them reopened. I tested this with my flatmate and it appeared to work but then last night the conversations got mixed up again and several messages weren't delivered.
    ok CaptianCow, the only other thing I can think of doing is uninstall & reinstall Bbm. But I was just in the Bold9650 forum & someone else is having issues as well, not the same as yours though, so there may be something going on with bbm as far as Rim's side.Uninstalling & reinstalling didn't work for them, but its work a shot, hopefully it may resolve your issue. good luck

Here is the other thread: help, strange prob with bbm
    I don't think this has to do with the fact that they are on OS6, I think its a bbm issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-30-11 at 09:26 AM.
    CaptainCow likes this.
    01-30-11 09:24 AM
    Thanks PD. I can't seem to uninstall bbm like a third party application as it is a core one. I have loaded blackberry desktop software and there is no uninstall option in the application list for bbm, it says 'required' in a greyed out word.

I have tried to remove it on the device but when I click the option button there is no option to delete/uninstall.
    01-30-11 10:42 AM
    hmmm.... Yes I see there is no way to delete it right from the bb anymore BUT there should be a way to un-install from DM. I've never done it, so I don't know how to do it, sorry. Perhaps another option to try is thru BB App World to see if you can delete it thru there, do a batt pull, then go back in and re-nstall the latest vers- 5.0.1.41.

Perhaps someone else that sees this thread that knows how to un-install it will help you out. I've never had to do this so that's why I don't know. Sorry.

CaptainCow likes this.
    01-30-11 10:54 AM
    Thanks PD. Blackberry app world won't accept my email/password on my phone, although I can login on my pc fine with the same details. It says to check my network settings, my wifi is working and I have full signal so not sure about that.

Desktop manager also has bbm greyed out.
    Last edited by CaptainCow; 01-30-11 at 11:34 AM.
    01-30-11 11:28 AM
    Thanks PD. Blackberry app world won't accept my email/password on my phone, although I can login on my pc fine with the same details. It says to check my network settings, my wifi is working and I have full signal so not sure about that.

Desktop manager also has bbm greyed out.
    hmm.. i am very confused as to why you cant delete it. the way that i would know how is explained in this thread: how do i uninstall-install bbm

apparently, according to this thread the OP here has the same issue as you not being able to delete it!

last resort, might i suggest doin a battery pull and then try to delete it again. i'm stumped right now to be honest with you.

as for BB App World, what i would try is turn off your mobile network for a minute(thru manage connections icon), then turn it back on to see if that clears the hiccup it sounds like you have there. your browser if working fine also thru data right? (not thru wifi)
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-30-11 at 12:00 PM.
    01-30-11 11:57 AM
    I've done a battery pull and I still can't delete it. Maybe with the older OS I could delete it but I definitely can't seem to now. The OP in that thread seems to have exactly the same issue as I do.

I've changed my bbm from bubbles to stripes (yes this sounds ridiculous) but so far it is working fine.
    01-30-11 04:38 PM
    I've done a battery pull and I still can't delete it. Maybe with the older OS I could delete it but I definitely can't seem to now. The OP in that thread seems to have exactly the same issue as I do.

I've changed my bbm from bubbles to stripes (yes this sounds ridiculous) but so far it is working fine.
    ok I'm glad that something as simple as changing the 'background' is working. Weird none the less LOL!
    Yea, when I saw that thread, that OP had the same prob of not being able to delete/reinstall Bbm, and from what I could see on my device, I wouldn't be able to delete either. As for DM, idk, haven't looked, but know I'm curious so next time I do a back up I will be playing around just to see if & how it can be done.
    Otherwise, glad this worked out for you

CaptainCow likes this.
    01-30-11 06:48 PM
    Hopefully it will continue to work, thanks for your Help guys
    01-31-11 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD