Alright so hey guys, about a week ago I bought myself my first BlackBerry Curve 3G, 9300 I believe. Any who, one of the reasons I got a BlackBerry was for BBM. So I got the the whole social media package with Fido. So when I got it I told a few friends my pin. So they sent requests and it didn't show. So I tried sending them requests and on my BlackBerry it send "Pending (Awaiting for Authorization)", but on theirs it didn't show anything of me sending a request. So any ideas? If you guys could help me out I'd be very thankful.
    01-09-12 07:37 PM
    Make sure you have each other's correct PINs (sorry for advising the obvious).

Maybe try scanning their barcode instead...
    01-09-12 07:41 PM
    I would try restarting your phone or waiting a couple of hours. That's what I did
    01-09-12 07:52 PM
    Sounds like the data plan isn't properly activated for the device yet.
    01-09-12 07:56 PM
    Make sure you have BIS activated.
    01-09-12 08:23 PM
    Go to your phone web browser and see if you can load any webpage. If you can, then you have BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) and your BBM should work. Try what others suggested above.
    If you can't see any webpage, then most likely you have a special social networking plan that doesn't include BIS, so no BBM for you. In that case, you have to go back to Fido and have them fix that for you.
    01-09-12 08:29 PM
    Guy, the OP indicated that he has the Social Plan. That does not include the Browser but it does include BBM.
    01-09-12 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD