Hey fellow Crackberry users,

I am in need of help. My Curve keeps showing the BBM "new message" icon, but there are no new messages. I suspect it is a contact request but they are also not being displayed. Any ideas how to fix/what to do?

Thanks,
    Col
    03-16-09 03:06 PM
    That happens to me every once in a while. A good ole battery pull will fix that right up!
    03-16-09 03:08 PM
    scroll up into most recent conversation and click. should make it go away. or the most recent person to send you a message, have them send you a test message. should make it go away as well.
    03-16-09 03:26 PM
    Someone accepted an invite from me while my BB was off at night and when it came back on the new msg icon wouldn't go away. I clicked on every conversation and did a battery pull but it is still there. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?
    02-13-10 03:37 PM
    Hmm. Never run into that one. Try deleting them and pull your batt. and then just reinvite? See what happens.
    02-13-10 04:32 PM
    I was thinking of deleting bbm and reinstalling. Will my contacts be saved if I do a backup first? That would be a last resort though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 01:00 PM
    GMZ...what version of bbm do you have? .57?
    If you do, there are a zillion threads here about the ghost icon. It will not go away. I have reinstalled bbm and it still comes back. Only way to get rid of it is to find bbm 5.0.0.33 and revert back to it.
    BATTERY PULLS do not solve the problem and if it does, it is only temporary.
    02-14-10 09:27 PM
    GMZ...what version of bbm do you have? .57?
    If you do, there are a zillion threads here about the ghost icon. It will not go away. I have reinstalled bbm and it still comes back. Only way to get rid of it is to find bbm 5.0.0.33 and revert back to it.
    BATTERY PULLS do not solve the problem and if it does, it is only temporary.
    Yes I do have 5.0.0.57. I had heard of the ghost icon, is this a problem with that version? So how do I go back to the old one?
    02-14-10 09:40 PM
    You can uninstall bbm and go to www.blackberry.com/select/bbm/download.shtml on your berry. The version there is 5.0.0.33
    I am assuming that this would fix the problem. Let me know if you try it.
    02-14-10 09:45 PM
    just like jaydee5799 said, uninstall & reinstall. i just had to do it myself.
    02-14-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD