The BBM new message icon will NOT go away. I have tried everything (battery pulls, checking and deleting chats) except for deleting and reinstalling BBM...which I really don't wanna do. So I'm hoping there's a way to just get rid of it without having to delete & reinstall. If I reinstall, will my contacts still be there? (I have quite a few, and do not want to re-add all of them).
    03-05-10 08:50 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me, what it turned out to be was a pin message that I did not notice.
    03-05-10 09:05 PM
    Like voltaire said, it's probably a PIN message or it could potentially be a friend request or a group message if your a member of any groups.
    03-05-10 09:12 PM
    yeah, i looked through all of that, though. i even deleted all my chats and checked everything to see if it was a friend request, and i'm not a part of any group, so it couldn't be that.

i just deleted it and am currently reinstalling BBM.
    03-05-10 09:25 PM
    I had this happen. It never went away until my phone restarted on its own one day...
    03-05-10 09:27 PM
    You have to scroll through all the messages so the cursor is in each message. Otherwise it considers it unread.
    03-05-10 09:36 PM
    I realized it was someone I had ignored, and when I unchecked the people on my ignore list and did a battery pull that contact came up as a friend request. I just simply ignored that person again and I didn't have that problem again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 11:49 AM
    End the conversation.

03-07-10 12:13 PM
    I realized it was someone I had ignored, and when I unchecked the people on my ignore list and did a battery pull that contact came up as a friend request. I just simply ignored that person again and I didn't have that problem again.

Exact same thing happen to me. Exact same fix.

03-07-10 12:50 PM
    How do you check your ignore list, I can't find it and think that is what's causing my problem.
    05-04-10 08:21 PM
    08-20-10 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD