Hello everyone,I sold my 9700 almost 7 months ago...I missed my blackberry&bbm so much I had to make a return! I purchased the 9780 today & I was loving everything till I seen the new bbm icon holder thingy(guess you can call it a picture frame)...why is it no longer squared? its now a similar shape to the trackpad EWWWW! looks out of place to me..maybe its just me =/

To the crackberry experts..is there anything I can do to get the old square bbm pic frame look?
    Changing theme? etc
    02-23-11 02:56 AM
    You have OS 6 lol. Can't do anything about it, you better get used to it.
    02-23-11 04:23 PM
    the new bbm icon holder thingy(guess you can call it a picture frame)...why is it no longer squared? its now a similar shape to the trackpad EWWWW! looks out of place to me..maybe its just me =/

To the crackberry experts..is there anything I can do to get the old square bbm pic frame look?
    Changing theme? etc
    Welcome back! The 9780 is a pretty sweet device too.

The BBM profile pics have had rounded corners for a few versions now. Can't say for certain when it started.
    Someone in charge at RIM has a rounded corner fetish. On newer devices like the Torch and Style recent OS's have had rounded corners for the whole screen in most (if not all) native apps. I expect the same for other devices too.

And no, you can't change that with settings nor with a theme. Sorry!
    02-27-11 08:40 AM
    In addition to that, you can no longer save others profile picture. Is there a way to fix this?
    02-28-11 02:38 AM
    In addition to that, you can no longer save others profile picture. Is there a way to fix this?
    Actually you can, when viewing their profile (not having the picture open) go on the picture, hit the BB key and hit save display picture.
    02-28-11 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD