So, I've been looking around and noticed that, as popular as Blackberry is, not everyone has it (due to reasons like financial issues and such). But, for the majority that DO use BB, AIM isn't really used anymore, and so, the best way to keep in touch with them would be through BBM. After searching around for a bit, I realized that BBM can't be used on a pc. BUT, I believe it COULD be possible, in a way similar to those who've used an .iso file.
    But, for those who don't....
    When opening an .iso file, you generally need a program that is able to READ it, e.g. MagicIso. The program creates a virtual drive on your computer, onto which you can mount your .iso and install or whatever.

With that being said, there might be a way for a program to create a "virtual" BB on your pc through which you can download and install BBM, thereby allowing us non-BB users [] to instant message BB users.
    So, does anyone else think this is possible now?

[It's just an idea. I'm only 17, hoping to be a software developer someday, xD]
    10-19-10 04:06 PM
    First of of all, Welcome to CrackBerry!

Secondly, I'm no software developer, nor do I want to be. But I do know that BBM requires a BB PIN and access to RIM's servers to function. You would need to take that into account (have no idea what this iso file thing is). Both of those would need to be addressed before this would even remotely work. I don't think you'll get a PIN from RIM without buying a BlackBerry. I know that with the new PlayBook you'll be able to use BBM, but I believe you'll actually need your BB connected to it to work (thus you'll have the PIN and access to RIM's servers).

Finally, it's called BlackBerry Messenger for a reason. There's many other IM clients that are cross platform that will work for communication. I would hate to see BBM be available on other platforms.
    10-19-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD