I'm a power user of BBM and recently I've had a problem with msgs showing up under someone else's name.....

For example, I always have multiple BBM convos going at any given time. Suddenly, msgs from person 1 will show up as through person 2 has sent them. When I answer, it goes to person 2, but they have no clue what I'm referring to. As you can imagine, this makes things quite confusing! It isn't the same contacts each time, although, now that I think of it, one particular person has been involved as one of the contacts each time it's happened. I can't figure out the trigger or make it happen....it appears random.

I tried reinstalling it from the App World and I'm running v5.0.0.57 now.....I think I was running that version before too but can't be sure. Since I can't make it happen, I'll wait to see if that helps.

Anybody else have these issues and have any insight? Thanks!
    08-02-10 04:52 PM
    Im experiencing that problem after i send a broadcast message... But with version 5.0.1.32. Im beta testing... It never happened with .57

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 12:20 AM
    I'm a power user of BBM and recently I've had a problem with msgs showing up under someone else's name.....

For example, I always have multiple BBM convos going at any given time. Suddenly, msgs from person 1 will show up as through person 2 has sent them. When I answer, it goes to person 2, but they have no clue what I'm referring to. As you can imagine, this makes things quite confusing! It isn't the same contacts each time, although, now that I think of it, one particular person has been involved as one of the contacts each time it's happened. I can't figure out the trigger or make it happen....it appears random.

I tried reinstalling it from the App World and I'm running v5.0.0.57 now.....I think I was running that version before too but can't be sure. Since I can't make it happen, I'll wait to see if that helps.

Had the same problem with the beta version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 04:57 AM

No issues here!

Upgrade the OS and then reinstall BlackBerry Messenger.

OR

Just upgrade your Operating System (OS) since BBM 5.0 will be automatically reinstalled. However, if you wish to have the latest BBM, download it from BlackBerry's site. I recommend upgrading to OS 5.0.0.770 coz is pretty good, so is the 5.0.0.656
    08-07-10 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD