Hey,

I have been having trouble viewing pics on BBM. I have friends with pics on the bbm profile but they are not showing up on my phone. Is there anyway to fix this problem?
    12-02-09 12:13 PM
    I could be wrong, but I think you have to highlight the contact, then menu then select "link to contact" or something like that....
    12-02-09 02:03 PM
    Hey,

I have been having trouble viewing pics on BBM. I have friends with pics on the bbm profile but they are not showing up on my phone. Is there anyway to fix this problem?
    You can try to unlink then relink the contact. That has worked at times for me. Also I have re-added the contact from scratch.
    12-02-09 02:08 PM
    Hey,

my sister just bought the new curve and is having the same problem. i know what theyre talking about above me but i dont think thats the issue. yeah, you would have to link the contact but that wouldnt have their pic from their bbm 5 come up- it would be w.e pic is set to their number in your address book. With bbm 5, if the other person has it also- their pic that they have for display should automatically pop up without linking it to a contact or what not....i think its jus a server problem with them right now.
    12-03-09 02:06 AM
    Moving to Native Apps!
    12-03-09 08:11 AM
    my sister just bought the new curve and is having the same problem. i know what theyre talking about above me but i dont think thats the issue. yeah, you would have to link the contact but that wouldnt have their pic from their bbm 5 come up- it would be w.e pic is set to their number in your address book. With bbm 5, if the other person has it also- their pic that they have for display should automatically pop up without linking it to a contact or what not....i think its jus a server problem with them right now.
    I am also having this problem. I upgraded to the Bold 9700 today and when i restored my contacts all of the pictures on bbm were of my facebook contacts. I unlinked them and tried to re-restore the contact list but when I do that i just get a message: "you are currently being registered with the blackberry messenger service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes". Its been doing this for a few hours now and I think thats why contact avatars arent showing up.

Does anyone have any hints or suggestions on how to get bbm to update peoples pictures (not my callerid ones i dont want those for bbm)? Its not a huge deal but would be nice to get peoples personalized pictures...

Thanks all.
    12-08-09 02:55 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I can't find a resolution anywhere online.
    07-27-10 10:57 AM
    So my wife's been having this issue...
    Statuses/display names will update but pictures won't so I know it's not a BIS issues or lack of data. BBM works perfectly fine for her aside from that...
    When she changes her picture the data arrows in the corner will start working but nothing happens...
    We've tried
    -battery pulls
    -deleting and reinstalling BBM 5.0.0.57
    -restoring contacts via email/sd card

and nothing works... I'm running out of ideas.... I just signed her up for Blackberry Beta Zone but I think BBM 5.0.1.32 testing is closed to more people for now....

Have more people been having this issue?
    Any suggestions?
    07-28-10 02:08 PM
    So my wife's been having this issue...
    Statuses/display names will update but pictures won't so I know it's not a BIS issues or lack of data. BBM works perfectly fine for her aside from that...
    When she changes her picture the data arrows in the corner will start working but nothing happens...
    We've tried
    -battery pulls
    -deleting and reinstalling BBM 5.0.0.57
    -restoring contacts via email/sd card

and nothing works... I'm running out of ideas.... I just signed her up for Blackberry Beta Zone but I think BBM 5.0.1.32 testing is closed to more people for now....

Have more people been having this issue?
    Any suggestions?
    It does the same thing for me with the regular version, as well as the Beta version. Therefore, installing the Beta version won't make a difference. I'm not sure what's causing this issue. Their names and status will update, but not the avatars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 04:01 PM
    Right what you wanna do is uninstall bbm then reinstall it do a battery pull and then register (host routing table in options) then get in a place with plenty of signal and then wait (doesn't work properly if you have over 100 contacts... (a)
    08-31-11 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD