So I have the new tour with Verzion and decided that I wanted to update to the new BBM messenger. Well, for some reason or another I cant see anyone's pictures that they have in their BBM messenger and only a hanfull of people can see my picture on the contacts sheet. Has anyone else had this problem and if so have you been able to resolve this issue?
    Verizon stated that this might be a software issue directly associated with Blackberry and their is nothing that they can do about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    11-03-09 10:41 AM
    Do your friends have BBM 5.0 installed on their end?
    Have you tried battery pull?
    There have been some recent bugs with BBM 5.0.33
    11-03-09 10:51 AM
    I'm having the same problem with the new Tour a purchased from Cellular South last Saturday. Not only can I not view some of my contacts' avatar pics, but I discovered this morning that BBM is also deleting some of my contacts. **sidenote: the above mentioned contacts are using BBM 5.0 also!** Sucks!!!
    11-03-09 10:52 AM
    Re-provision device, then pull battery for 1 minute.

For the Tour owners: Go to: Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Menu Key/Register Now. Wait 45 seconds, then pull battery for 1 minute.
    11-03-09 10:52 AM
    Ys so far I have reinstalled it 4 times, yanked the battery out a couple of times and still nothiing seems to be working. I had if workign previously on my other tour but, had to get it replaced for a different reason. Just not too sure how it could work with one phone and not the next. Some other people have complained about this as well but, nobody seems to have a solution.
    11-03-09 10:53 AM
    I am having the same issue. It just started where I can't see some of my contacts avatars & vice versa. My contacts & myself are all using BBM 5.0. Hope this bug gets fixed quickly.
    11-03-09 10:57 AM
    You can link contacts to facebook as well so that it'll show their profile pics

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 10:58 AM
    Even the link to facebook pictures isnt working properly
    11-03-09 10:59 AM
    Its actually a problem with BBM across the board. Not just Tour users, but all BBM 5.0 users are experiencing difficulties.

11-03-09 11:01 AM
    Anyone heard of a resolution coming yet?
    11-03-09 01:08 PM
    I had this issue as well. I solved the problem by deleting any contact whose avatar I couldn't see, and adding them again. That solved the problem

11-03-09 03:29 PM
    I tried to delete people & re-add them but that did not solve the problem for me.
    11-03-09 03:33 PM
    Wow and I thought this issue was just happening to me but I guess not... I hope there is a fix to this soon

11-03-09 03:48 PM
    11-03-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD