I noticed that when i went to Buffalo yesterday, I was pretty much able to do everything with my phone but to send BBM messages to people. I always got the red box with the clock in it. However.. If someone were to send me a bbm message I'd receive it right away. Obviously, once I came to the Canadian Border all my messages were sent out. I found it to be wierd, because a month ago I was in buffalo using my 9000 and was able to send messages no problem.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
    12-13-10 10:12 AM
    Sounds like just a glitch.

I assume because you were doing other things that you had your data on while roaming.

Id say wait it out a bit, might just be something to do with the 9780 on the roaming network (which it shouldnt)

Next time when you start roaming, do a battery pull. so when it reboots you are automatically on the roaming network and see how it works from there.

Good luck and you're a brave one... everytime I roam when im in buffalo i get the text from Bell saying they will charge me $51 per MB.
    12-13-10 11:03 AM
    Roaming data charges are horrendous!! I have my data service (or did on my curve, gotta check this one) set to "Off When Roaming"
    12-13-10 12:04 PM
    Sounds like just a glitch.

I assume because you were doing other things that you had your data on while roaming.

Id say wait it out a bit, might just be something to do with the 9780 on the roaming network (which it shouldnt)

Next time when you start roaming, do a battery pull. so when it reboots you are automatically on the roaming network and see how it works from there.

Good luck and you're a brave one... everytime I roam when im in buffalo i get the text from Bell saying they will charge me $51 per MB.

Yea i had my data on while roaming. When I crossed the border, 3 mins later i was on the AT&T network.

It just didnt make any sense to me that i was able to recieve bbms ( friend brought his 9000 and was able to do both) but each time i tried to send one out, i was clocked.
    12-13-10 12:25 PM
    Bummmppppp!
    12-13-10 09:42 PM
    Never had problems using my 9000 - then again, I don't use data outside of Canada anymore as the data charges are stupendous
    Weird though that you could RECEIVE but not send
    12-14-10 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD