I can't figure out how to stop my BBM messages to stop going to my regular message folder. I have my email,SMS,MMS going there but I just wanna keep the BBM messages out of there. Can someone tell me how? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 10:49 PM
    Open up BBM. Go to options then turn off the ability for them to show in messages application.

This will make it so you have to open the BlackBerry Messenger application to view these messages.
    06-17-10 10:50 PM
    Thanks, Its a useful information didnt now that.

Wow!
    06-17-10 10:57 PM
    These forums are full of TONS of great information that helps out many!

The amount of information can be overwhelming but taking some time to read through a bunch of threads will greatly improve your knowledge base!
    06-17-10 10:59 PM
    For some reason the BBM messages are still going to message folder even after I made sure everything is set right in options. Really frustrating!!

06-17-10 11:03 PM
    so you open the bbm application, press menu, then go to options, scroll down to "show chats in messages application" uncheck it, save and exit, and you still see them in the messages folder?
    06-17-10 11:04 PM
    Try unlinking the contacts

06-17-10 11:41 PM
    What do you mean by unlinking the contacts?

06-17-10 11:48 PM
    Also works well if you use message folder for all emails, etc. with it separated, when you clear out messages the BBM's will still stay in the BBM app
    06-17-10 11:48 PM
    What do you mean by unlinking the contacts?
    In BBM > highlight contact > options. Scroll down to unlink contact.
    06-18-10 12:09 AM
    I am having the same issues with the BBMs showing up in my Message folder. I have uninstalled/reinstalled BBM (5.0.0.57) multiple times and made sure my BBM option has show Chats in Messages Application unchecked. None of my BBM contacts are linked to my Blackberry contacts (When I highlight my BBM contact and press menu key, in the menu it only gives me the option to link contact). I have v5.0.0.732. I am getting tired of the BBM messages cluttering up my Message App.
    06-25-10 07:25 PM
    I'm having the same trouble. "Show Chats in Messages Application" is unchecked, yet my Messages folder is filled with BBM messages. I can't unlink the contacts 'cause I only have one contact stored from a single group, yet messages are delivered to my Msg folder from multiple groups.

FWIW I'm running BBM 5.0.1.41 and OS 6.0.0.284
    10-28-10 03:10 PM
    I'm having the same trouble. "Show Chats in Messages Application" is unchecked, yet my Messages folder is filled with BBM messages. I can't unlink the contacts 'cause I only have one contact stored from a single group, yet messages are delivered to my Msg folder from multiple groups.

FWIW I'm running BBM 5.0.1.41 and OS 6.0.0.284
    Add me to the list of people unable to turn off BBM messages showing up in Messages.
    10-28-10 03:24 PM
    This sounds more like an OS thing rather than a BBM issue. When I was running .484, I had a lot of BBM problems to include contact's images not displaying. I had a problem that forced me to reinstall the OS. When I did, my BBM woes disappeared.
    10-28-10 10:13 PM
    OK, I think I figured this out. If I open a group (have to open each group individually), then select "View Group Details". Go to Message List Integration Settings and change to none. Leaving Turn Off All Notifications For This Group to No still lets the notifier work without flooding your Messages Folder.

I had only been viewing the options from the top-level BBM screen, not from within each group. I was assuming that "Show Chats in Messages Applications" from this view would control Message folder delivery, but apparently this must control something else. I think the way it's set up makes sense, since you can select which group messages (if any) you want to have delivered.

Hope this helps some of you.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-30-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD