got sent to me via bbm:

This is definitely real, it's on the blackberry website! So pass it along!* We're sorry to inform you, but due to the increasing amount of members using blackberry messenger, the system server can not withhold the amount of data being transmitted. Our server is currently being upgraded and we hope to have it running to its full potential by july 2010. Until then we ask you very kindly to help us with this misfortune by limiting your contacts. Please copy, paste and send this brief message to the contacts you use on a regular basis. The contacts that you don't send the message to will be automatically deleted at 11:59pm ET on June 5, 2010. We sincerely apologize for this and have in return set up $20 dollars on your online account for blackberry accessories.
    06-04-10 06:25 PM
    No. Not true.
    06-04-10 06:29 PM
    Completely a hoax. Ignore it and delete it. Do not propagate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 06:37 PM
    I got the same message a little while ago and figured it was another hoax because it just made no sense.

06-04-10 07:35 PM
    Its a spam designed to overload the BBM system. If every user has 10 contacts, the first 6 levels will generate 1 million extra junk messages.
    06-04-10 07:56 PM
    The fact that it's his first post make this even less credible.
    06-04-10 07:56 PM
    The OP asks about the exact text cited elsewhere by credible reporters. Credit to the OP for spotting it and asking, more so since (he) is on his first post here
    06-04-10 08:01 PM
    The OP asks about the exact text cited elsewhere by credible reporters. Credit to the OP for spotting it and asking, more so since (he) is on his first post here
    My bad, I thought the first part of the message, "this is definitely real" was the OP's addition.
    06-04-10 08:06 PM
    Good point, SCrid2000. i added some quotes in the OP to make clearer.

06-04-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD