I got this from somebody today saying I must send this to everybody on my bbm conact list, pretty sure its fake....since I don't think that's even the CEO and it dosnt even make sense. Anyboby else get this?

??Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.

BlackBerry about To Lose A lot Of People This is the real broadcast from Blackberry All rights reserved.

Broadcast this message to every single contact on your BBM to reset your display picture, sorry for any inconvenience
    *ITS ON THE NEWS SO ITS TRUE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 03:34 PM
    It's a hoax. Ignore it and have a better day.
    They didn't even get the name Balsillie correct.
    12-09-10 03:38 PM
    Seriously, how times is this going to be posted???

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bro...ing-bb-561359/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bbm...s-hoax-562082/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/just...t-true-563408/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-09-10 at 03:55 PM.
    12-09-10 03:46 PM
    It must be true if Jim Balsamic says so! You'd better forward it on if you want your profile picture to come back. Its the only way!!!

12-09-10 04:09 PM
    hmmm, maybe Jim Balsamic can get me some of his Vinegar... I'm running low on the stuff.
    12-09-10 04:12 PM
    Probably every time somebody has a question regarding it......
    12-09-10 04:39 PM
    ...BlackBerry about To Lose A lot Of People This is the real broadcast from Blackberry All rights reserved...
    Not a dig @ the OP, but would an official release from RIM read as though it were written by an illiterate?

And "Balsamic" had me rolling.... Think I'll have a salad with my dinner this evening.
    12-09-10 05:40 PM
    Stupid hoaxes. Don't forward them, just reply saying don't waste your time with those

12-09-10 07:11 PM
    Stupid hoaxes. Don't forward them, just reply saying don't waste your time with those

Yea....I didn't bother as soon as I started reading it initially i knew it was fake. But I was just wondering if anybody else had gotten this today.
    12-10-10 12:32 AM
    It must be true if Jim Balsamic says so! You'd better forward it on if you want your profile picture to come back. Its the only way!!!

LOL like that'll ever happen!

12-10-10 01:17 AM
    LOL, i'm getting tired of these stupid hoax messages
    12-10-10 07:47 AM
    Probably every time somebody has a question regarding it......
    Then they should try searching first!

I was just wondering if anybody else had gotten this today.
    A search would have clued you in
    12-10-10 11:27 AM
    When will this nonsense stop? So many gullible folks out there...

12-10-10 12:10 PM
    Speaking of "gullible", did you know it's the only word NOT in the Websters Dictionary?

And if the email is a hoax, then you can COUNT on it being sent to thousands, if not millions of others, so you're not the lucky one.
    12-10-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD