one of the engineers at my work just BBM'd me (despite me saying to only email for work related matters, but that's besides the point) and i typed out a response a few sentences long and i cannot send it.
    im thinking it might be too long?
    when i hit enter i get nothing, when i hit the BB key (i think that's what it is called, it's between the touch pad and talk button) also nothing happens, no menu, nothing. because the menu doesnt even come up i cant even copy then paste the message into an email.

i realize in the time it took me to post this i could have just re-typed the message in an email and been good to go, but i'd like to get an answer regarding BBM message length.
    i kind of thought if it was too long to send as whole it would break it up into two (or more) messages and label each 1of 2, 2of2, etc.

thanks,
    12-01-10 04:31 PM
    Text messages are length based. BBM uses data. If there's a maximum length I'm unaware of it.
    12-01-10 04:39 PM
    well this is strange.. while BBM was doing this, my Curve wouldnt let me access any of the icons that are on my main 'desktop' screen, i had to go into the main menu and select them from there.
    i turned the phone off then on (no battery pull/ no reboot) and it let me access the icons and i typed the exact same message in BBM, actually slightly longer this time, and it sent no problem..
    gotta love glitches in so called smart phones

edit: thanks for the speedy reply Jeff
    12-01-10 04:43 PM
    The maximum length for a single message in BBM is 2000 characters. I know because I have reached it.
    RWWackostu likes this.
    12-01-10 04:45 PM
    We've one bbm'n Motorcycle Moma!
    12-01-10 04:49 PM
    thanks Moto.. i wasnt anywhere near 2000 characters, im still blamming it on a glitch. possibly temperature related since my Curve sat in my trunk for 3 hours, outside temp was -5*C... oddly enough i was parked outside RIM-5
    12-01-10 05:01 PM
    The maximum length for a single message in BBM is 2000 characters. I know because I have reached it.
    That's good to know. Thanks.
    12-01-10 05:18 PM
    We've one bbm'n Motorcycle Moma!
    LOL!

Long (very long) conversation. Typed it in Word first.
    12-01-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD