Hi Everyone,

I have been a Torch owner since the first week that the Torch was released on AT&T. I've updated my OS to .337 and my BBM is running 5.0.1.41.

When I updated to .337 from .286 I noticed that I suddenly lost my menu options in BBM. When I go to a contact I cannot "Start Chat", "End Chat", "View Chat History", View Contact Profile" etc. on any one of my contacts. I did a number of battery pulls and it didn't change anything. I've uninstalled BBM and re-download it and reinstalled it and still nothing. I've downgraded the OS back to .286, did the battery pulls, did the uninstall and reinstall of BBM and still nothing!

Is this happening to anyone else and does anyone know a fix? I use the menu option in BBM constantly and I really would like this to work again.

Thank you.
    11-09-10 12:02 PM
    That's odd. I am running .337 and haven't had any of the issues you are describing. I'm running BBM version 5.0.1.41 and still have the start/end chat, contact profile, etc - everything still showing up in the menu. I'm at a loss to suggest anything though because it looks like you have the same setup I do Have you tried a complete wipe? That'd be a pain, but it depends on how badly you want that menu to show back up :/
    11-09-10 12:22 PM
    Hi. Thank you for your response. I figured it out. It was how I set up my contacts in Outlook that was causing the problem. I changed the settings, re-synched my contacts and the BBM menu options is working again.

Whew!!!

Thanks again!
    11-09-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD