I'm running 5.0.1.38...it's taking up 5.7 megs on my device...ugh! Is there a "lighter" version out there? Maybe one that doesn't have all the languages?
    10-13-10 12:01 PM
    um you have a 9700 with oodles of space. it bothers you that much?
    10-13-10 12:16 PM
    u must of downloaded thru app world.....mines only 2.9.
    11 COD files.

How many COD file do u have??

Del the language ones
    10-13-10 12:25 PM
    um you have a 9700 with oodles of space. it bothers you that much?
    It certainly must if I created a post about it.
    10-13-10 12:25 PM
    u must of downloaded thru app world.....mines only 2.9.
    11 COD files.

How many COD file do u have??

Del the language ones
    Yep, I did it through app world. How do I delete the COD files? Can I do that on the BB or do I need to hook it up to Desktop Manager?
    10-13-10 12:26 PM
    The 5.8 Mb it occupies reflects all the features and function that BlackBerry Messenger now delivers.

If you don't need all the features, roll back to an earlier version. There are all compatable.

The memory hit is particularly tough on the 64 Mb BlackBerry, but it has a place on mine because my contacts are vital.

How do I delete the COD files? Can I do that on the BB or do I need to hook it up to Desktop Manager?
    Options / Advanced Options / Applications. Highlight BlackBerry Messenger then press Menu / Delete.
    10-13-10 12:34 PM
    Yep, I did it through app world. How do I delete the COD files? Can I do that on the BB or do I need to hook it up to Desktop Manager?

Use either BBSAK or BMC, both programs allow you to remove unneeded .COD..... you can also remove other languages on your BB you don't use
    10-13-10 01:34 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'll probably keep it as is....unless I really run into a memory issue.
    10-15-10 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD