I'm having a weird problem with BBM (v. 5.0.1.38) on a Curve 8900 with Blackberry OS 4.6. Every now and then, the chat window I'm typing in will lose focus halfway through typing a message and stop updating what I'm typing ... I can keep typing and the full message sends, but it doesn't show up in the window where I'm typing until I delete the current chat and restart.

Anyone seen anything like this? It's super annoying!!!
    08-14-10 11:14 PM
    like literally loses focus or u mean it just bogs down and doesnt keep up with the speed of your writing? if thats the case i suggest a battery pull as speeds things up usually.

or what i really recommend.....

update to an OS 5.0 as it runs alot better than 4.6.
    08-14-10 11:26 PM
    I was going to say that you are running a application intended for a 5.0 platform a 4.6 why wouldn't ypu expect issues? Please update ur OS!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 11:30 PM
    The cursor disappears ... And if I keep typing, it doesn't show on the screen I'm actually typing. When I hit enter or send, and it sends the message I typed in its entirety, but it's kind of hard to type messages without seeing them on the screen first. This behavior continues until the chat window is closed and reopened.
    08-14-10 11:33 PM
    That used to happen to me on an old OS. Update your operating system and the problem should fix itself.
    08-15-10 12:45 AM
    Yea same thing happend to me on my 8900 when i had the old Software, after a while i got used to typing without seeing what i wrote. You DEF need a software upgrade, the new bbm's are made for updated softwares.
    08-15-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD