I have a 8330 and as such, every iota of memory is precious. BBM is a pretty big app. My question is there any way to strip out the functions I don't use in BBM, like calendar, lists, etc, in order to use less memory? Thanks for any help.
    JB
    08-30-10 11:36 AM
    You can use BBSAK/maxmem to delete the language translations, that frees up a lot. I've also heard you can remove the calendar, but I never tried it on my 8330.
    09-01-10 04:45 PM
    You can use BBSAK/maxmem to delete the language translations, that frees up a lot. I've also heard you can remove the calendar, but I never tried it on my 8330.
    Thanks. That's a great suggestion. I'll be sure to make a backup & experiment on how much I can trim out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 10:05 PM
    I removed the calendar cod after I realized it had hijacked my default calendar. (It was quite a headache to fix that issue)

I used BBSAK to remove it, and I've had no problems running BBM without that file.
    09-02-10 08:28 AM
    I used BBSAK and selected the net_rim_bbgroup_calendar, net_rim_bbgroup_lists and net_rim_bbgroup_photos cods to delete. BBSAK only deleted the calendar cod. It no longer shows up on my system read. It is still shows up in the BB calendar list. Wu_Wei, is there anything else I need to do to get it out of the BB calendar?
    09-02-10 09:00 AM
    Try a battery pull. I did this several days ago and I can't remember all the steps I had to take to get it out. Probably my mind trying to forget the pain.

I know I had 72 appointments that were stuck in ? Groups calendar. Had to jump thru hoops to get them moved to my default calendar.

If you have multiple calendars and want to move all appts to your default calendar, open calendar options and type "move" (without quotes). You will be prompted to confirm moving all appts to default calendar (as specified in options > advanced options > default services.

09-02-10 09:05 AM
    Try a battery pull. I did this several days ago and I can't remember all the steps I had to take to get it out. Probably my mind trying to forget the pain.

I know I had 72 appointments that were stuck in ? Groups calendar. Had to jump thru hoops to get them moved to my default calendar.

If you have multiple calendars and want to move all appts to your default calendar, open calendar options and type "move" (without quotes). You will be prompted to confirm moving all appts to default calendar (as specified in options > advanced options > default services.

I only had one appt in the BBM Groups calendar. I deleted it and hit the Alt-Shift-Del and BBM Groups calendar still shows up in the BB calendar, but not in BBM. Hmmm.
    09-02-10 09:28 AM
    Confirm that the Groups calendar is no longer your default by creating a new appointment. Make sure "Send using:" lists your default calendar, not Groups.

Sorry, I just can't remember what magic I had to perform to get it out of my calendar list altogether. I think I may have installed a new OS version in the meantime, which certainly ought to have done it. That's a drastic remedy, unless you just can't live with the Groups calendar in your list.
    09-02-10 10:12 AM
    I have successfully deleted BBM calendars, lists & photos. I now have a lean BBM just for chats. Still have BBM Groups in my calendar list, but I think I will need to back up, delete calendar and run apploader to fix that. Will post results when that is accomplished. Thanks for the help.
    09-02-10 10:21 AM
    I got rid of the BB Groups calendar in the native calendar application. I wiped & reloaded the OS and ensured that the BBGroups calendar cod was deleted before the reload. I restored everything from backup except calendar options. I then used BBSAK to delete the BBgroups lists and photos. Done.
    09-03-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD