11-01-11 11:00 AM
45 12
tools
    I lost one to the Iphone, just means u gotta get out and meet more people ;D
    10-28-11 10:34 PM
    I lost one to the Iphone, just means u gotta get out and meet more people ;D
    Before I got an iPhone several of my friends had but so had my sister and my Wife. I am not planning on getting extra wives to buid up a BBM list.
    10-28-11 10:41 PM
    I lost 7 BBM contacts since the iPhone 4s came out.. I talk to my girlfriend everyday on BBM but I barely use it to talk to anyone else in my contact list! I have a iPod touch and my girlfriend has a iPad.. We are considering going iPhone when the next launch happens next year!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-28-11 11:54 PM
    Before I left BlackBerry for the 4S, I had lost at least three BBM contacts, two to iPhone, one to an Android device. I found I was only really talking to my mom on a daily basis with BBM. One of my BBM friends and I exchanged phone numbers so we can keep in contact via texts and that has worked out well. Others I keep up with via Twitter so I really didn't lose anything. With all the social networking avenues, BBM isn't as important to those that don't have it. In fact, since I left BlackBerry, two of my previous BBM contacts announced on Twitter that they jumped to the iPhone ship so now I can iMessage them.

My husband and all of his family have iPhones. And without the Bold 9900 on AT&T, I was growing tired of my Torch. The 4S was an easy switch and one that I absolutely do not regret.
    10-29-11 07:42 AM
    Before I got an iPhone several of my friends had but so had my sister and my Wife. I am not planning on getting extra wives to buid up a BBM list.
    Well idk how old you are, but Im at university, so meeting people isnt that hard or out of the norm lol
    10-29-11 08:27 AM
    I hover around 1000 +/- 50 or so, my lists changes so much it is hard to keep track. I know I received a few msgs about jumping to a Nexus something or other, it's like Moiselles posts; with Twitter, FaceBook, G+ it's pretty easy to stay in touch with those who have left your platform. If the people leaving do not use social media, then you can still use LP, IM+, Trillian, GTalk, etc. As a last resort texting will work in a pinch. Guess I am not seeing the loss that some of you are as most of my contacts are in the eastern hemisphere. In the end it doesn't matter what device my friends use to communicate with me, cause it all ends up on my Berry in some form or another.
    10-29-11 09:06 AM
    Don't really have that many, but lost 1 before the outage and 1 since though WhatsApp has rendered it a moot point with both. With something like that I'm mostly limited by what phones my carrier has.
    10-29-11 01:18 PM
    Well idk how old you are, but Im at university, so meeting people isnt that hard or out of the norm lol
    Oh yeah uni/college is a great place to meet people no matter how old you are, I'm thinking of going back for new training soon.
    10-30-11 10:09 AM
    I don't pick my friends based on their smartphone platform though most of them seem to use iPhones.
    10-30-11 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the compelling data. if you want to change that situation I suggest you move to either, India, Indonesia, the middle east, anywhere in South east Asia or Africa. You will find growth.
    The USA not so much until QNX BBX and the new BB Supper phones are out.. did you miss the memo?

PS. my list has never been bigger. BB 7 kicks @ss
    QNX better do a lot more than just email and BBM if they want it to be the saving grace that RIM hopes it is.

If you get an iPhone, you can iMessage your 21 former BBM contacts.
    I iMessage 2 of my former BBM contacts now.

I had 7 people on my BBM list. 5 were in a BBM group I moderated. One was my sister on her work BB and one was a hockey friend of mine from another group I used to be in. I had maybe 15 at one point in time but slowly, people left for iOS or Droid.

The BBM group I moderated used to have a waiting list to get into. Now, no one has a BB anymore and we were having a hard time finding people to add to the group. Everyone has gone iOS like me or Droid. I still have my S2 and will probably get a data plan on it just for BBM, but with apps like GroupMe that is pretty much a BBM group type app, why bother?
    10-31-11 02:52 PM
    I lost 3 in the last 2 weeks, down to 21 of which some 5-7 are rather active on BBM...
    10-31-11 06:03 PM
    I've lost over 25+ BBM contacts over the past year. 10 of them have been within the past month, including 2 today. I am a loyal RIM user but I am really concerned about they future. Once people go to the iPhone and start to use Apple products they don't really leave. Almost everyone I know who has left BB for the iPhone with just a couple going to Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 11:00 PM
    Mine is growing i have already 47 and that is not including bbm group chat
    11-01-11 06:45 AM
    I think that may be because of your avatar.
    I have noticed that people I know do try to get you to switch based on the platforms IM. And it is tempting. When my parents got iMessage I really liked it and considered getting an iPhone. Most of my family has the iPhone so it soul be convenient.

It was a bit of a hassle to get friends/family to download Live Profile. It's a great app, but no one wants to download yet another messaging program. Lol.
    11-01-11 06:58 AM

Really? That's pretty good! I believe BBM average for most is around 30-50 contacts
    11-01-11 07:00 AM
    Wow looking after the thread shows tons of mixed reactions
    11-01-11 07:03 AM
    Really? That's pretty good! I believe BBM average for most is around 30-50 contacts
    Yeap
    21 friends 26 co-workers and one group chat
    11-01-11 07:08 AM
    That's pretty impressive I must say...... That is, now that iPhone havoc is on
    11-01-11 07:22 AM
    I think that may be because of your avatar.
    I have noticed that people I know do try to get you to switch based on the platforms IM. And it is tempting. When my parents got iMessage I really liked it and considered getting an iPhone. Most of my family has the iPhone so it soul be convenient.

It was a bit of a hassle to get friends/family to download Live Profile. It's a great app, but no one wants to download yet another messaging program. Lol.
    I am impressed that you got people to install a new chat app. I couldn't even get people with BBs to use BBM (and its disabled on my corporate BB).

If you switched from Android to iPhone you would also get facetime which is handy when you have family who live thousands of miles away. If your family lives down the street, its probably not so interesting.

I thought about getting Andriod myself but couldn't see any compelling advantage over iPhone and many disadvantages.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-01-11 07:54 AM
    I just set up my niece with my wife's old Pearl on a payg sim, within an hour she had 15 bbm contacts and the damn thing started beeping non stop lol, I was getting the blame lol.

Edit- she has 26 now, not even 24 hours later. My list also keeps growing.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 11-01-11 at 11:06 AM.
    11-01-11 11:00 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD